Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Urgent! Company changing name, what should I do?

Toggle
Hello everyone,

I've been working in Germany for a little more than 3 years all in the same company which is group and had 1-2 other companies and bought more companies since then.

This year, they decided to merge all companies in a new bigger one and this bigger company will have effect starting 01.01.2008.

No change of employee contracts will be done.

On my passport there is no mention of any company but in my work permit it says that I work for company X. I did not apply for BE yet since I didn't see the need for it yet.

Before I go ask some managers or HR people, I thought I'd see if someone has some experience with a similar case.

Can I keep working with the same work permit, or do i need to change it, or maybe applying for BE?

Thanks and regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Urgent! Company changing name, what should I do?
Answer
12/10/07 3:00 PM as a reply to Toni Tabet.
Before 3 years I was in same position and when I ask Ausländerbehörde what should I do they told me "Is this the same company", I said well we have merger of two companies in one and they told me you do not have to change anything because this is still the same company for me.

I also did not change work contract.

Anyway, to avoid future problems check with institution that issued your work permit but most likely you will not have to do anything.

Dracus
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Urgent! Company changing name, what should I do?
Answer
12/10/07 3:51 PM as a reply to Toni Tabet.
Thanks Darcus.

I e-mailed a manager about this, and he told me he'll try to find out (probably from HR) and let me know.

I'll keep you posted.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18