Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

tax on nach praktikum

Toggle
tax on nach praktikum
Answer
7/26/05 5:07 PM
Hi All,

I was planning to extend my visa on nach praktikum after my master degree in germany using weiterbildung.

If any one can share the expr related to the following issues would be gr8:

1. restriction on amount earned per month
2. applied tax on the inocme during nach praktikum (if tax card 1 is used)
3. any hidden drawback in weiterbildung compare to GC.

ciao,
tejas
0 (0 Votes)

Re: tax on nach praktikum
Answer
7/26/05 5:25 PM as a reply to tejas doshi.
Hi,

>>1. restriction on amount earned per month

Dont think there is any restriction in the amount you can earn.

>>2. applied tax on the inocme during nach praktikum (if tax card 1 is used)

I dont know if nach praktikum is same as friewillige praktikum. But i paid normal tax(tax+arbeitslos+rente etc) when i did my freiwillige praktikum after my studies. Though you can get the taxes back(next year) if you are registered as a student during this period.

>>3. any hidden drawback in weiterbildung compare to GC.

You cant compare both. It all depends on what your goal is. If you want to stay and work longer in germany then you have get a job and a work permit. But if you just want to gain some experience, then praktikum is a possibility without much headache.

Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/05 6:04 PM as a reply to tejas doshi.
Hi Rajesh,

Thnx for the information and thats surely helpful,

one more clarification that will company required to pay tax if they pay me more. they say me like if they pay more than 850,00 they have to pay some tax.

is that right ?

ciao,
Tejas
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/05 6:27 PM as a reply to tejas doshi.
Hi Tejas,

I am not sure but it is a possibility, may be some one else can give their advice in this regard.

In my case the company had to pay their part for my social insurance(health, rente and arbeitslos). So if the company pays more, their social contribution also increases.

I too did praktikum as a part of my studies and my take home salary was more than a normal employee, but ofcourse me or the company didnt have to pay social insurance.

Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/05 6:40 PM as a reply to tejas doshi.
Hi there,

after the completion you will not be considered as a student ,
I have done my one year praktikum after completion of my studies,

so, you will be paying what regular employees will be paying ,

whatever might be the salary you are paid,

rente+krank+pflege+lohn,

so , the above taxes are deducted for sure ,

talk to your arbeitsamt once, it might differ foe every state,

I have told you about situation in BW state,

Regards,good luck
vsk
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/05 6:56 PM as a reply to tejas doshi.
Hi,

I am from Bayern. and I know that even after study if you do weiterbildung for nach praktikum status will be same as a student,

the thing i dont know is tax (how much and who pays) and that wont be same as normal employee who pays 46% of tax.

Tejas
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/05 7:03 AM as a reply to tejas doshi.
"But i paid normal tax(tax+arbeitslos+rente etc) when i did my freiwillige praktikum after my studies."

lol man tax is tax, "arbeitslos+rente" you pay only because in the eyes of the state you are not capable of taking care about yourself, therefore they help you ;)

"they say me like if they pay more than 850,00 they have to pay some tax."

hmmm i would say it is a minijob, then they should not expect you sitting 8 hours daily in the office

Normal job in IT (assumed that you are responsible for your commitments, not your employer) = min. 55 eur / hour brutto
0 (0 Votes)

Easy Background Check
Answer
7/28/05 12:50 PM as a reply to tejas doshi.
Easy Background Check, Easybackgroundcheck.com Les Henderson Extortion Scam Busted!
I just want to caution everyone to beware of anything you read on the internet. People can post anything for a variety of reasons. The aforementioned scam makes interesting reading.
In incredible reporting by the Bureau of Ethical Internet Commerce the extortion scam of
Easy Background Check (Formerly EZBC) and Ripoffreport was exposed. To find more details visit www.beiconline.com
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott