Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

GC And Job Change

Toggle
GC And Job Change
Answer
8/9/06 9:38 PM
I am a GC holder living in Germany since Feb 2002. I would like to know the formalities that the employer needs to perform if I want to switch my job. Any help will be appreciated.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC And Job Change
Answer
8/10/06 3:33 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
First read what your job contract says about Kündigungsfrist, then taking into account this notice period, slap your employer with a Kündigung. Moreover you do not have to give any reason. But if he insists just say "ich hab keine Lust mehr."

Ganz einfach! Besser geht's nicht oder?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/10/06 4:18 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
May Be you have misunderstood me. I wanted to know the formalities the new employer needs to do not the current one. I know that after 4 years stay in Germany "ArbeitsMarktPrüfung" is not required. Can somebody provide me with some more info on this ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/10/06 6:53 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
Hi ikkyg,

It depends on what kind of work permit stamped on your passport. If it is EG already, you don't need anything from your potential employer except a legal contract. If it is still GC, well, a little bit trouble, you'd better get it changed to EG (which is entiled as unlimited work permit), then come back to talk about resign.

Hope this help.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/10/06 7:02 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
I have not completed 5 years yet so no chance of EG.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/10/06 7:06 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
I think he meant BE(Beschaftigung erlaubt). so search in the forum for how to get it and u dont have to worry about workpermit anymore.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/10/06 7:44 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
Hi ikkyg,

What I am trying to say is that you need to change GC status to another status which allows you to apply job freely without worrying about work permit and resident permit, it is not bound to any company(as far as i know, some of the GC are bound to their companies). Since you have been working in Germany more than 4 years, you are eligible to get such status (sorry i forgot the name exactly, probably it is called BE), check that threads to find the information.
unless you have already found a great job that you have to join, otherwise it is another possibility. Just wait until Feb 2007, after you work here for 5 years, you can get NE (permanent resident), which contains unlimited resident permit and unlimited work permit. you are free to work anywhere in germany. It is only half year to go, not too long, isn't it?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott