Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

My mailbox is broken

Toggle
My mailbox is broken
Answer
11/3/05 2:33 AM
Yesterday is my bad day. Guess what: I found my mailbox is broken. After asking the hausmeister's wife I found that the Hausmeister himself broke my mailbox also my name tag on it. The reason is pretty silly: somebody claimed that he was living in my building and he was very sure that my mailbox was mailbox of a guy whom he searched for. Of course, he didn't find anything, only some advertisements.
What makes me angry is that this mailbox was broken *without* asking me as the owner. Although the Hausmesiter has installed a new key sets for my mailbox, I am still upset because never thought that in Germany this thing could be happen.
What to do? Let it be because it's Hausmeister's "normal" fault? Consult a lawyer to decide what to do?

Thanks,
EE
0 (0 Votes)

Re: My mailbox is broken
Answer
11/3/05 10:20 AM as a reply to Estananto Estananto.
Had the owner been a German the House keeper would have asked his permission so definitely this is discrimination against a foreigner. Of course, people make mistakes but for me this particular incident doesn't seem to be a mistake at all because the House keeper does not have to keep control of hundreds of residents. Since he already installed a new one you should think twice before taking a lawyer as this can hurt your further stay in the same place and also you might not benefit much from the court.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: My mailbox is broken
Answer
11/3/05 10:57 AM as a reply to Estananto Estananto.
You can file a complaint against Hausmeister by the Hausverwaltung and see what happens. You should probably get the aplogy and the Hausmeister gets the trouble.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott