Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Previous Stay for Studies/Work Counts or Not?

Toggle
Dear Friends,

I had stayed in Germany slightly above 3 years:

- Oct 2003 - Sept 2005 : Masters Student
- Oct 2005 - Dec 2006 : Work for German company

During my studies, I also worked and paid some small amount of tax. During my 15 months of full time job, I also paid taxes. I can claim an amount of 5500 Euros which I didnt yet claimed.

I have 2 questions:

1) I have the right to claim my 5500 Euros of Tax back 2 years after I left Germany. How long I can still claim it after 2 years? i.e. is there any max. limit on time after which I can't claim?

2) If I come back to Germany on a work permit, will my previous stay (studies + work) count in Unlimited Visa or German Passport given that I didn't claimed my tax money yet?

Thanks in advance.

Jony
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Previous Stay for Studies/Work Counts or Not?
Answer
4/12/10 3:12 PM as a reply to Junaid Afzal.
1. There is no limit. You can claim your pension contribution any time after two years of leaving Germany

2. If you come to Germany on new work permit, your previous stay will not count.
Counter reset to zero after 6 months of stay outside Germany. You will be consider as a fresh arrival and you need to stay 5 years to get Unlimited visa (NE).

Claiming or not pension will not affect anything regarding to your new visa status.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott