Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa type on Work Permit and dependent visa

Dear all,
I have recently finished my PhD from Sweden and Pakistan native. I am offered a job in Munich University, Germany at LV-T 14 stuffe 1 for the period of six year. Today, I have received detail of my contract and will join in January 2012. Before pursuing this matter, I want your kind assistance in clearing these points.
1. Which type of visa I need to apply at the German consulate here in Pakistan? Will it be short-term visa (three month /Schangen visa) for just the entry purpose on which I will further apply for the resident permit or long term visa (national Visa) will be the one. Please guide me with detail procedure and documents for submission.
2. Second question is related to Spouse/dependent visa. I have a plan to get married in next year, in context of my contract status will it be easy to call my spouse without much delay (three months) or there is some certain time period which I have to spent in Germany for calling my spouse after marriage.
Thanks and looking forward to the kind guidance.
Best
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Visa type on Work Permit and dependent visa
Respuesta
22/08/11 18:28 en respuesta a soul reaver.
1. Which type of visa I need to apply at the German consulate here in Pakistan? Will it be short-term visa (three month /Schangen visa) for just the entry purpose on which I will further apply for the resident permit or long term visa (national Visa) will be the one. Please guide me with detail procedure and documents for submission.

<You need to apply for long term visa, Consulate/Embassy will send your application here in Munich Foreigner office and after their verification, Consulate/Embassy will issue you 3 months national visa which you can extend here in Munich. The whole process takes usually 2 to 3 months>

2. Second question is related to Spouse/dependent visa. I have a plan to get married in next year, in context of my contract status will it be easy to call my spouse without much delay (three months) or there is some certain time period which I have to spent in Germany for calling my spouse after marriage.

<If you were not married once you got visa for Germany, usually you need to spend 2 years in Germany, before you can apply Spouse visa. Better is to get married before you apply visa, if possible>

Good luck
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18