Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Air-Ticket cancelled by website - Top Urgent

Toggle
Dear Colleagues/Friends,

I have booked a return flight for my wife through a well-known travel website in April 2012 from Frankfurt to Mumbai and back to Frankfurt. She was suppose to fly back on in 2 days from BOM to FRA with Emirates. A short time ago I noticed that the flight was cancelled, when I called Emirates they informed me that my travel agent (i.e. this website) has cancelled and further queries should be directed to this agent.

When I ask the customer service people, first they assure me that it is not possible to cancel a ticket without the consent of the customer and just a short while ago, they have sent me the following email;

----------------
Sehr geehrter Herr XXX,

wir haben Ihren Fall geprüft und
würden Ihnen gerne den Betrag für den nicht genutzten Rückflug von
BOM-FRA erstatten. Der Erstattungsbetrag beläuft sich auf
Euro 390 . Bitte geben Sie uns ein Konto(Kontonummer/BLZ und
Kontoinhaber) oder Kreditkarte (Nummer ,Gültigkeit und Inhaber) durch
damit wir die Erstattung durchführen können.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Teamleader Servicecenter
XXXXXX
-----

I just checked on their website and now their is no more economy seats available for this particular flight and the cheapest option costs more than 1.600, euros. My wife must fly on this flight due to some appointments here in germany. Please advice what should I do in this case?

Thanks in advance for your expert advice.

Best regards,

VM
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Air-Ticket cancelled by website - Top Urgent
Answer
8/29/12 8:03 AM as a reply to Vikas Mishra.
I don't know the legal implications, But what you can do is
Try to talk to the website which booked your ticket to book again, and tell them otherwise you will take a legal action against them as they were
not authorized to cancel the booking. If there were terms and conditons from this website also read this.
If its a German based website they will definately do it. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/12 4:20 PM as a reply to Ans Sargana.
Thanx Sargana!

Update: my wife is now flying with Business-Class with the same schedule.

D E U T S C H L A N D..............I'm lovin it emoticonemoticonemoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/12 9:14 AM as a reply to Vikas Mishra.
Great..with me this has happened in I N D I A, after they overbooked the seats on plane and I was the last one without a seat. And they asked me if I had any problem in flying with Business class because they had only there seats free. I told them.."its ok..I will manage somehow"
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott