Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

good notebook?

Toggle
good notebook?
Answer
2/27/05 11:37 AM
Toshiba, Fujitsu Siemens, IBM, Sony, Samsung Which one is better for the same class?
I observed for aproximately the same specification, the price is always the following:
Fujitsu Siemens < Toshiba or Samsung < IBM or Sony.

Can somebody guide here? I want to have something around 1200-1300 euro.
thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: good notebook?
Answer
2/27/05 9:23 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
Hi,

Let me tell my experience about notebooks. For 3 years I used a T30 IBM Thinkpad which I was happy about it. It fell 2 times from the coach and nothing happened, The only problem was the Battery went fast empty. Now I have a better model from IBM which ist T41. It's Centrino and Battery last about 4-5 hours ... It's thiner and fatser ... Anyway, IBM makes stable notebooks but expensive ...

Samsung is another alternative ... For a few months ago, a friend of mine asked me for an advice to buy a notebook and wanted something around 1300-1400. We bought for him SAMSUNG P35 XVM 1600 III which is a "Angebote" in Saturn.(1399 euro) Very good properties for that money and a wonderful design.

Toshiba has also "Angeboten" in Saturn. But the ones I saw there does not have a good design.

Dell Notebooks are also not bad.(Cheaper as IBM + SONY). One problem you cannot see the notebooks in shops but virtual in internet. You have to order it. Personally I have to see them live first of all because design for me is also important.

With Sony I have no experience. I was in Hong Kong two weeks ago hoping to buy a top Sony Notebook which you can't find in Europe. But after I checked the prices from older models, they are almost the same price as here in Germany and with English or Chinese keyboard :o( It was also risky to buy there so I didn't.

I hope that you find a good one that suits your wallet and needs ...

AA
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/27/05 11:14 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
I have Sony VAIO.
Went kaputt after 1 year and 6 months.
And what is worse guarantie was 1 year.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/28/05 11:17 AM as a reply to vijay raud.
Hi VP_2004

I use to have always a notebook. I used to travel a lot for work and the notebook was the extension of my arm.

First I had was a Texas. Absolute Schrott. Later the garanty gave me an Acer, the notebook was ok, but not so fast (always compared with another similar computers).

Then I worked with a Compaq, a steel machine in all senses. You can throw it from a moving car and no problem, but I dare you to carry! 2 tons weight!

As a birthday gift I bought for myself a Vaio. Contradicting the opinion of DvD that was wonderful. The notebook passed all kind of experiences and no problem at all.

After that, I worked with a Toshiba, good performance, heavyweight, but you can live with it and later with a HP Pavilion, I don´t recommend you at all: heavy and slow.

Nowadays, after a couple of months losting bids, I found another Vaio in Ebay and that I still have it.

Resuming, if you have enought cash, the Vaio have my best preferences. You have many models, different configurations, size, weights but always VAIO (Video Audio Integrated Operation) have superior performances compared to equal notebooks, I can´t tell you why.

If you don´t trust me, check the market price of new/used computers and search the user forums for problems.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/28/05 11:31 AM as a reply to vijay raud.
Hi
I am using AcerTravelMate 661 LCI.. it works like a charm.. I didnt have a single problem with it till today.(bought it 1,5 year ago)

The only disadvantage I can see till now, is related to the LCD screen. I couldnt get it work with the highest resolution under Linux. But with Winoz, it works perfect.

Regards,

Lacrima

PS: Some computer magazines(like CHIP, PC Magazine etc) offer comparisons among the laptops. It might be also useful for you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/28/05 11:56 AM as a reply to vijay raud.
hi,

Been using a Toshiba 5200-S701 which i bought in US Ebay for more than a year. Survived my rough usage and still is!

I think you first need to think upon the purpose which you are buying for. Do you really need cutting edge performance for VideoGames and workstations or you just wanna browse,chat and watch movies.
For ex. VAIO laptops cannot withstand heavy applications like 3DSMAX,AfterEffects.
And if you are looking for a good looking model,dell is not the first choice for sure. Similarly,Toshiba is not a good choice for carrying around(my model is 3.5 kg),though there are less heavier models now).

So,decide your criteria and make a good decision.

wishes,
Ravi.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/1/05 2:06 AM as a reply to vijay raud.
thanks for all your input.

I hardly see IBM notebook in MM or Saturn, but I saw a lot of Samsung. I used to think that samsung is cheaper, but it isn't. it is even more expensive than Toshiba.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/1/05 6:52 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
Hallo,

I am having a Dell 9100 to sell with the following configuration and it is bought 0n 17.12.2004.

The expected price for the Laptop is 1150 Eur. I live in reutlingen (35 km. south of Stuttgart). If anybody is interested in buying this Laptop(Check the details in Zu Verkaufen forum page) then please email me at noheria@freenet.de .

Regards
Peacy
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3