Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse visa extention problem

Toggle
Spouse visa extention problem
Answer
1/17/05 2:56 PM
Hi,
I am a GC holder. My wife came to Germany a year ago and at that time she got visa for one year. Now as her visa is expired, I went to auslandbehauder to extend her visa. But strangely enough they did not gave her visa instead they put a stamp that your case is under process and you come back to office in June to get your visa. My green card will expire in September and I dont know why they have delayed it. As we have planed our vacations to go to Pakistan and I am not sure if she can travel with that stamp.Anybody have any idea or personal experience? Any helpfull information?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse visa extention problem
Answer
1/17/05 3:52 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
Hi,

Why cann't you ask ABH people for the reason to wait till June. Also why you did not extend her visa at the time of your visa issuance. Also if you dont get proper response from them seek some lawyer's help. This is strange.

Regards,

baskey
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/05 3:54 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
Hi,

You went to get the permit renewed after or before it expired? This makes a great difference! If you tried to renew after the permit expired, she may have to pay a fine, in the best case, in the worst case ... you have a problem.

In order to avoid problems on your vacation, read this link: http://aufenthaltstitel.de/stichwort/fiktionsbescheinigung.html
and try to get one for your wife.

regards,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/05 4:14 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
No I have not extended my visa. I have the same for five years as I have got when I came first time in Gemrany. she came before one year so that is why she has to get visa.
I asked them and they said it is by law as they have to varify person record (Police record and etc.) and then will extend. but they said she can entery Germany with that status. My concern is there actually any law to delay for 6 months and is it possible that she can not fly to Germany and she can not show any visa except a stamp?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/17/05 8:03 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
Hi,

When your 5 years green card expires on Sep 05 and your wife has come one year before she should have got visa upto Sep 05( as per yours.

Could you tell me.

1. What is the vaildity of your visa from- to.
2. when did your wife arrieved Germany first?
3. Whether She entered germany based as dependend on you (or) Did she come on her merits?

Could you explain in details.

REgards,

baskey
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/05 12:25 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
Hi,
thanks for your concern.
Here are details.

I came to Germany in August 2000 and I have green card up to 11 Sep 2005.
My wife came as a dependent in December 2003 and first she got visa for 3 months from Pakistan and then after arriving here she got new visa for one year till January 2005, I asked them why you did not give her like I have, then they said according to new law they have to do, come to us after one year. Now I went after one year and this situation happend. so I hope you got my problem.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/05 2:13 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
Hi,

The spouse should get dependent visa for the same period of GC visa on arrival to Germany. But it is quite strange that your ABH issued your wife only 1 year visa. Explain them once again, if you are not speaking german well, take some german speaking friends with you. Otherwise better option is to look for a lawyer.

This is another example, how these ABH people in different place behave differently in such a developed country!!

Regards,

Baskey
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/19/05 2:50 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
Hi tauqiram,

I might have an explanation for one part of your story. For some countries (my country is one of them) they have to do some security checks before issuing a new RP. These countries are mainly the middle east ones with some few others and Pakistan is one of them. It normally takes up to 6 weeks to do that check, and since your wife's RP will expire in Jan and you also went to extend in Jan, there was no chance to get the check response before the expiry date. The solution for that is to give your wife a 6 months stamp to avoid her staying illegally in DE.
I think what happened is normal, you were just very late to go for extension in the same month the RP will expire, I personlly go about 2 months before to ensure everything will go smooth.

W.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18