Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
Tax Returns:
Answer
10/22/08 3:56 PM
Dear Friends,

Here are some important information regarding Tax Returns based on my knowledge and experiences.

Übrige Werbungskosten (Relocation Expenses):
- Special cost for relocation(can be claim w/o Bills) aroung € 1500
- Application cost (Bill needed)
- You can claim only Kitchen Stove (Bills needed). No other furniture as per rule.
- Relocation expenses like travel cost(Taxi, Train or air tickets both in India and Germany), temporary housing for certain period etc. (all this Bills needed, if your employer doesnot pay for you).

Arbeitsstätte
- Travel cost from home to work, if the distance exceeds 20 Kms.

Arbeitsmittel für Heimarbeitsplatz
- 70% of Laptop/Computer (Bill needed)
- 20% of your Internet Bill
- Computer Table and Computer Chair.
- Books and Magazine related to your work.
- German Course, if it is needed for your work.
- Home Office (Proof from employer), then you can claim part of your house rent, electricity, telephone bills, heating cost.

Mehraufwendungen doppelter Haushalt:
Double Housing
- 100% House rent in Germany
- Max. 90 days * € 24
- Air tickets to India to see your family

Außergewöhnliche Belastungen (6% of your gross salary):
- Medical Bills
- Family Support to your parents and wife

Best regards,
Zameer Mohammed
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax Returns:
Answer
10/23/08 1:32 PM as a reply to Zameer Mohammed.
Arbeitsmittel für Heimarbeitsplatz
- 70% of Laptop/Computer (Bill needed), not the 70% but you can claim the full 100% spanned on a 3 years period, the amount decreasing in time
- Home Office (Proof from employer), then you can claim part of your house rent, electricity, telephone bills, heating cost, this is only valid if your home office is located in such a way that you shouldn't be able to access another room of the apartment by passing through it, if you can for example go to your sleeping room by going through your home office, than your home office is no more considered as one

Außergewöhnliche Belastungen (6% of your gross salary):
- Family Support to your parents and wife, and all other person that you have declared depending on you and which has been so certified by the State they live in, I so for example get money back from supporting my brother, my sister-in-law and one of my niece living in our home country

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18