Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Maintaining German NE status While living and working in Switzerland

Toggle
Dear Friends,
I am working & living in Germany since last 7 years with NE status (including my wife who is not working). Meanwhile I got an offer from Switzerland. As my company is not doing well and worst job situation here in Germany, I am planning to accept offer from Swiss company.

Now if I do take it up then I need to relocate to Switzerland along with my family. If I move to Switzerland, I will loose my NE status from Germany. Hence my question is, is there any possibilities to maintain my German NE while working and living in Switzerland?

Any tips or real life case will be very helpful.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Maintaining German NE status While living and working in Switzerland
Answer
5/3/12 4:59 PM as a reply to Rajesh AS.
Hi,

I read somewhere on this forum that in one such case the person talked to the Auslanderbehorde telling them that he wanted to be back in Germany...the office gave him a letter saying that his NE will stay valid and half his time spent abroad would be counted towards citizenship time.

Other option is to apply for DE.

In case your issue is already resolved, do share what did you do finally.

Cheers,

samigush
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3