Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Extension of NE or Einburgerung **Kindly Help**

Toggle
Friends,

I sincerely hope to get your valuable and expert advice. In a real fix at the moment. I am struggling to cope with the fact that I will lose my NE and also a chance to get German citizenship.

- I live in Germany since 2001 and I got NE about 1.5 yrs back. Did not apply for DG yet.
- I am moving out of Germany for more than 6 months due to unavoidable circumstances. But I would like to keep my status at least for about a year. Would like to try and apply for extension of NE with Auslanderamt giving reasons for it. I have read through the forums here and understood that NE extension for 2 years is possible if strong reasons are given. My present company is willing to give me a letter, but without any commitment for a employment later on.If anyone has a good format to write such a letter or point me to anyone or any website who can help me with this, I would really be grateful.
- I have lived in Germany for more than 7 years , but I am leaving just before I am about to complete 8 years. I understand I could still apply for German citizenship. But the problems are
a) I have not paid into german Social security system for 5 years. Will this be a problem?

b) I am leaving in 2-3 months time. Will this time be enough for me to apply for citizenship, fulfilling all requirements such as integration tests & so on? Do I need to be in Germany while the processing takes place? Is there any good lawyer or consultant whom you know who could help in this situation?

Thanks much for your advice and help to save my hard earned status that I presently have.

A.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Extension of NE or Einburgerung **Kindly Help**
Answer
9/2/08 7:07 PM as a reply to cherian arun.
"I have not paid into german Social security system for 5 years.."

Then how you got NE ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/08 7:46 PM as a reply to cherian arun.
my old company worked out an exemption. I am not sure how , but I had no problems in getting NE. Also I come under >84k bracket, so it anyway was not a problem to get NE.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/08 8:00 PM as a reply to cherian arun.
Is your company willing to provide you letter stating that you are being transfered out of Germany on a project and hence will pay your taxis in that country. If so , then shouldnt be an issue. BUT this can go on for 1 year or so, for two years i am not sure.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/08 8:16 PM as a reply to cherian arun.
Thanks Subir. My company is kind enough to give me a letter staing that I was working for them ,that my interests are still in Germany and I would like to come back. They may add a sentence that if an opportunity exists at that time , there maybe a job possibility , but they will not commit anything. Company has asked me to frame a letter. Do you know how to get a good professional letter in German stating these reasons? My German is adequate , but grossly insufficient to write such a kind of letter!

Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/08 8:40 PM as a reply to cherian arun.
Well, I am not sure but others can comment on this. I doubt that the letter your company promise doesnt indicate that you still hold the job and will continue upon your return.

BUT why you want to leave if you are so much intrestd in coming back or getting citizenship?
First get citizenship, if you start process now, it will take minimum 3-6 months. You need min 6-8 weeks for getting test results and then einbürgerung process starts.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/08 11:27 PM as a reply to cherian arun.
Thanks Subir, Hope to get some more views from other experts in the forum.

As I mentioned before, I am leaving to take care of some personal issues back home. Anyone who has stayed this long will obviously feel sad in losing out on the long term benefits a NE or Citizenship can bring.

From what you state, it looks like I would not be able to pursue citizenship option. If there is any possibility that anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thanks much!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18