Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Complicated Situation regarding Visa

Toggle
Complicated Situation regarding Visa
Answer
7/30/10 3:58 PM
Hi All,

I am writing for my friend. He is about to finish his MS and is looking for PhD. He has offer but he is looking for a particular offer that is to be finalized by end of September.

His visa is going to expire by mid of Aug. He went to Auslanderamt to get new visa. Ausländeramt on the fact that he is going to finish studies in August said, we can only issue a visa by end of August. My friend explained them that he is going to start PhD. The beamter told him to get the letter and then they will issue the visa.

Now the problem is, if he gets letter from professor then he has to join a PhD which he does not like. The beamter said, the other option is to get Job Search Visa but if you start PhD it will be complicated to switch between visas.

I would like to ask, what kind of complications may arise ? Any experience ?
Beamter further added that with Job Search visa, the processing of your wife visa back at Islamabad will be badly effected and its better to get PhD visa rather Job Search.

Please answer if you have any kind of info.

Best Regards
Zeeshan
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Complicated Situation regarding Visa
Answer
7/30/10 6:37 PM as a reply to Zeeshan Javeed.
I don't have much knowledge about the question you asked but I think the best option would be to get PHD visa and get his wife over to Germany. Switching the visa to work visa afterwards should not be difficult once he gets his required job offer.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott