Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Can I Change job with my current AE

Toggle
Can I Change job with my current AE
Answer
6/3/10 6:30 PM
Hi,

I have Aufenthaltserlaubnis for Germany for limited period with a note that: I can take new Employment in Germany only with written permission from Immigration office (Sonstige Erwerbstätigkeit nur mit ausdrücklicher Genehmigung der Ausländerbehöre gestattet).

With this I understand that I can work with any employer in Germany, with a permission from immigration office.

But I am just confused on the process I need to follow:
- Whether I should first find a job, sign the employement contract and then reach out to immigration office in the new job location for permission?
Or
- I should first inform and get a permission from Immigration office at new location (Or my existing location) before signing contract?

Can someone clarify me on this?

Thanks in advance,
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Can I Change job with my current AE
Answer
6/3/10 7:15 PM as a reply to amir i.
After you get a job. Go to the immigration office. They will ask you to fill a form. They will contact the labour office for a work permit. Once the work permit is granted, the immigration office will grant you permission.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/10 12:22 PM as a reply to amir i.
Thanks for the reply.

do you have some idea on:

- Should I approach immigration office at present place or at the location of new job?

- How much time normally it takes for the approval process?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/10 12:49 PM as a reply to amir i.
You should approach immigration office where you stay (your anmeldung). They will guide you further.

In general It will generally take 6-8 weeks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/10 2:09 PM as a reply to amir i.
Hi,

give us the complete text of your workpermit. Usually 'Erwerbstätigkeit' means selfdependent work. Maybe you have 'BE' 'Beschäftigung erlaubt' where you can take a new job as employee without asking the alien office.

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18