Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Status after Resigning JOB

Toggle
Status after Resigning JOB
Answer
10/10/08 8:59 PM
Hi Friends,

I need an urgent help from you...

I am currently in a probationary period as software engineer in a firm. I want to resign my job as it is very hectic both work and travel distance. If I resign my job is there any possiblity to stay in Germany for 3-5 months in a "job seeker" status as I completed my studies in Germany. Please share your experience and let me know.

Thanks,
Ice Spy.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Status after Resigning JOB
Answer
10/10/08 11:00 PM as a reply to Ice Spice.
What type of visa are you on at the moment?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/13/08 1:01 PM as a reply to Ice Spice.
Hi,

Thanks for your post. I have the work permit with company name on it.

-Ice
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/13/08 1:33 PM as a reply to Ice Spice.
Hi,

Since you have a work permit based on that company, once you resigned the job, the work permit/visa is no more valid.

Note 1:

Before terminating from the current job, try to find the new job and then terminate

Note 2:
If you terminate from the current job, you have to pay your Krankenkasse etc... so you have to pay from your hand.

Note 3:

Is there any possiblity to stay in Germany for 3-5 months in a "job seeker" status?

Yes you can stay up to maximum of 3 months,the auslanderbehörde issues a Fiktionbeschenigung

But my advice is dont try to register that you dont have any work.In this case you visa is valid till the valid date printed on visa/workpermit(But risk factor)

If you are not clear with the above then write me again
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/13/08 1:45 PM as a reply to Ice Spice.
Hi,
The best is - do not resign untill you get a job in Germany and the WP for the same, i.e. once you have a new job offer in Germany, you can have your existing WP for your old company while your new company can still apply for a new WP. Once the new WP gets approved, then resign immediately from your existing company. In this way you will be pretty safe as the visa office will simply make your existing WP invalid and issue you the new WP from your new company. But once you resign without any offer, its risky.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/13/08 4:16 PM as a reply to Ice Spice.
Big Thanks to everyone. It helped me a lot..

- Ice
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/29/09 7:19 PM as a reply to Ice Spice.
Hello,

I am in a similar situation as mentioned above, except that I have been working in Germany for the past 7 months (no more in Probezeit) and I still have a job in hand. Due to personal reasons, I am thinking of switching the current job. If I have a new job offer, can I start processing WP for the new job while having a WP for the current job (tied to the current employer)? Will the ABH/AA see this as a conflict and reject my application? If not, would it be enough that I resign my current job after I get WP for the new job.

Is there any situation that could arise that I have to return to my home country and apply for WP from there all over again (as I did for my current job).

Would really appreciate your expert advise here.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott