Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work permit questions

Toggle
Work permit questions
Answer
8/28/08 7:34 PM
Hello Experts,

Can I working in Netherlands long term with work permit in Germany? (Big company in Netherlands with presence in Germany and permanent position in that company)The reason I want to do this is I am here in Germany for two and half year, another two and half year will make me eligible for Germany PR. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Cheers
MM
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work permit questions
Answer
8/28/08 7:54 PM as a reply to M M.
Are u paying taxes and contributing to your pension in Germany?

Dutch contract has no bearing to your residence rights in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/28/08 9:51 PM as a reply to M M.
Thanks for response.

I don’t pay anything here. Everything is paid by company now. The new company will pay everything I think.

Cheers
Mohan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/08 12:40 PM as a reply to M M.
@mohan

he is asking if you or your company are paying the taxes here in germany or in Netherlands.

I think you want to move to Netherlands with your german PR or?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/08 5:01 PM as a reply to M M.
@ Stutt @Raj

Thanks for your responce.

Looks like I am confusing everyone. I dont have PR now. Till now my company is paying my Tax. I have a offer as permenent employe of company in Netherlands. To get Germany PR I have to stay over 2 years in Germany. That is the reason I am asking if I can get a work permit from Germany (As that Netherlands company has presence in Germany also)and go to Netherlands and work ?

regards
M
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/08 5:23 PM as a reply to M M.
Unless you pay taxes in Germany for next two years you won't get PR.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/08 5:32 PM as a reply to M M.
As far i understand is,you are currently working with a German company here for 2 half years and now you want to move to Netherlands and work with the same or another German Company.
When you move to Netherlands you will deregister from here and get registered yourself in Netherlands.All your tax which is deducted from your salary goes to Netherlands.
As for being eligible for PR one should work continuous in Germany 5yrs and be employed paying the taxes.In your case after you deregister from here you are not eligible for PR and again begin counting from start.
There are many who are working with German companies like Siemens,SAP...who come on deputation from India and later return.Can they claim for PR later saying that they work for a German company?
Also regarding tax you definitely pay your tax,only company deducting on your behalf so thats your money not companies emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/08 6:04 PM as a reply to M M.
@sandeepkumar

Thanks for reply.

I dont pay anything here. I getting India and per day in Germany for all this time. I would get registered in Germany and pay tax in Germany and just work in Netherlands. May be I will come once every 15 days to Germany and also rent a house here. What would happen in this case ?

Regards
M
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/08 6:25 PM as a reply to M M.
Do you know what you are talking/writing ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/08 6:38 PM as a reply to M M.
yah I do. If you dont then please dont respond. emoticon

There is a company in Netherlands which has its presence in Germany also. I would take workpermit from Germany with this company and work place (sit and work) in Netherlands.

Cheers
M
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/08 8:00 PM as a reply to M M.
Hello MM,

Do you have work/residence permit which is valid for the next 2.5 years ?
If not, I don't think you will get an extension if you are not working in Germany. Just having an apartment here won't make you eligible for residence permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/08 9:26 PM as a reply to M M.
I dont think you will be eligible for PR for the next 5 years. If i understand correctly you are getting salary in india and some money here for your daily expenses. In that case you are neither paying taxes or social security stuffs here in germany. Do you have a tax card or sozialversicherungsausweis?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/1/08 12:22 PM as a reply to M M.
Thank you every one who answered.

When I had a chat with the local guy who extend my visa he said he will give me PR after 5 years if I speak little Germans emoticon.
For example with workpermit from a company 'XYZ' in Germany can I work in Netherlands with same company 'XYZ' ?
I hope this is clear.
I will pay tax and all other thing in Germany only.

Cheers
M
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/1/08 2:16 PM as a reply to M M.
You are not allowed to work with a german workpermit in Netherlands and vice versa. You should speak with the HR of your new company as it is their duty to take care of everything. If you get caught somehow then they are responsible.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/1/08 3:00 PM as a reply to M M.
Thank you for your responce Raj. :-)

HR is finding out that: :-). Thought of having the information before HR people come up with something. :-)

Cheers
M
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3