Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Marriage, Visa, Job - issues

Toggle
Marriage, Visa, Job - issues
Answer
12/18/06 3:28 PM
Dear all,

I am following this forum for the last 2-3 years.
I am getting married begining of next year and wanted to ask you for some answers/opinions/experiences.
I am since more then 4 years in Germany working as a GreenCard-ler (have BE) and I am coming from one of the ex-Yugoslavian republics that need visa to enter Germany even as turists. My future wife comes from the same country, and we will get married in our home country (unless somebody gives me a reason why it is better to do it in Germany??).
- Did someone from this part of europe applied for a visa for his spouse after him already being in Germany and how long did the process take from the application time until her coming over here?
- What documents were needed, did both of you needed to go to the German embassy, do I need to do something with the authorities here before getting married? Procedure details would be appreciated.
- Are there any cases where they refused allowing the spouse in (yes, such a thing could make a persons life a mess)
- When will she be able to start working? After a year upon her arrival, or? What about the fact that I will apply for a NE in the second half of Year 2007? Does that helps her get a work permit sooner? (She has a university degree but is not recognized/needed in Germany, so the skilled workers visa will not apply, just our status).
- Can she apply for a turist visa first so that she joins me while the procedure for the family reuninon visa lasts? If yes is it ok to apply for both at the same time or should I apply for the visit visa first and then for the fam. reunion visa?
- Any other issues I should know about?

The members of this forum have always been fortcoming and I hope you will offer your knowledge again now.

Regards,
Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Marriage, Visa, Job - issues
Answer
12/21/06 9:28 PM as a reply to jiovani koraci.
Anybody having some answers on this one? I am still waiting on your feedback.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Marriage, Visa, Job - issues
Answer
1/2/07 12:52 PM as a reply to jiovani koraci.
I can tell case.
I am from ex Yu country that does not need turist visa. I was already married when I came here. After half year we made 3 months entrance visa for wife and kids in homeland with Familienzusammenführung as a reason for visa.
It was over in few weeks.
After coming to De they got 1 year visa first, and later 4 years (as me).
Wife could work from beginning, but honestly it was mistake from Beamte. Legally it takes 1 year as a spouse to be allowed to work.

It is not big difference if it is soem ex Yu country that does needs turist visa but it is a big difference if you married after coming to De.
So in your case it will be different but the basics are the same:
- you need to make entry visa in your country and than real visa in De
- she can not work at once but after some time
Differences in details i do not know.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18