Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Entry salary 25 000 als junior software developer is Ok?

Toggle
Hi all,
I really need help from your advices. i have just gotten my Master degree from uni this month.i have 2 years work experience als werkstudent. i have been working as softwareentwicler(werkstudent) for almost one year. Now my chief is proposing me 25T during the probezeit and if the goals are reached after that time we go to 32T then to maybe 39T. I talk him that 25T it is to small and in any cases the ausländerbehörde won t accept it. he said he would write the salary evolution on the contract.
so please guys i need your advice should i refuse and look for another job? or should i take the contract and go and ask the ausländerbehörde if they can issue workpermit based on such contract?
thank you in adavance
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Entry salary 25 000 als junior software developer is Ok?
Answer
8/4/09 11:42 PM as a reply to Hashim Naweh.
Hey baleh13,

Have you ever heard this? "A Bird in the Hand is Better than Two in the Bush".

Now a days job situation is really very bad even for Germans. Get contract(it should be very transparent) and if your boss writedown that he will pay your residence expences too then i think AB should say YES.

Best luck........
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/09 12:39 AM as a reply to Hashim Naweh.
Thank you jalal,
I am thinking in doing so specially due to this crisis. i don t have much alternatives. i will go to the ausländerbehörde with the contract and see if they can issue me a workpermit.i hope they won t refuse me with the reasons that low salary.
is someone in forum being in such situation? if yes please share your experince. thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/09 12:39 AM as a reply to Hashim Naweh.
25T is ridiculous.. with that amount your monthly net salary would be smt. like 1000 Euros as a single.. (Tax Class 1) probably you can get that in your home country too, why living abroad then ?
If you are living in a big German city.. that amount may not be even enough to live, if you consider the amount of the rent you are supposed to pay monthly..

How long is the Probezeit ? If you were working as Werkstudent at the same place why the probezeit anyway ? He knows already your capabilities.. I think he is trying to exploit you as you can not claim social help and look for a better offer as a normal German Engineer would do in such a case.. you have to accept it anyways.. and he tries to exploit that fact..

40T is a fair starting payment in German standards for someone with a Master's Degree.. ABH wouldnt accept this ridiculous 25T offer.. because no German Engineer would work for that money.. as he can get the same net amount by sitting at home and getting social help..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/09 1:25 AM as a reply to Hashim Naweh.
Thank you Lacrima.
I think too you are right, the salary is real ridiculous. als werkstudent in his company i am getting almost 1000 net then now as graduated he is offering me almost the same amount. as you say there is no probezeit anymore it is already more than year that i am in the company. thank guys for giving me advices. i will inform you latter about my job search.
best regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/09 3:20 AM as a reply to Hashim Naweh.
Lacrima is right, the starting salary is a bit low but I would take that offer if I had no other alternatives.

Make sure you don't waste this opportunity unless you really have another sure alternative.

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/09 12:15 PM as a reply to Hashim Naweh.
hi baleh,
Its an exploit. If you are already working an knew abt your performance why to give a different salary in probezeit and more afterwards.
You can ask your boss to keep the salary same before and after probe as you won't need probe ,but makes easy to get the visa.

If he doesn't agree, just join the job and look for other jobs and you can quit in a month during the probe emoticon and tell him the reason why you quit emoticon

cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/7/09 1:40 AM as a reply to Hashim Naweh.
Hey Buddy!!!

Look I am here doing all this job from 3 yrs. A good company never do this 25K for Master engineer. This means they dont have tariff.

Best for you. Join job and dont stop applying. If somebody ask why you are applying then you can confidently say the condition. In Germany honest answer is always welcomed.

RA
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/09 12:47 AM as a reply to Hashim Naweh.
Well with 25k a year nearly 1.374~1.379 € would be netto/month, (without kirchensteuer)

if your werkstudent tätigkeit is same as your new tätigkeit then you dont need probezeit, if your role has changed than you might need to accept this probezeit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/09 5:23 PM as a reply to Hashim Naweh.
Hi,

you should be little careful. I am not sure but I heard of some threshold salary which ABH expects you to get being a master engineer else they can consider of not reconisidering your application for work permit because this way companies will start exploiting. I seriously do not know if it is true, so please confirm.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/9/09 2:56 PM as a reply to Hashim Naweh.
If you do not want to stick to software or computers.If you have good english and has a technical back ground.(Science, engineering),please send me your CV at havehope100@google.com.
Telecom engineers are prefered .Job is for Bid management in North germany.

Regards

Havehope
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/9/09 8:10 PM as a reply to Hashim Naweh.
Thank you to all of you, i did not take the offer, i got a better job and well paid with unlimited contract. now i have to schaffen my probezeit.
Bye
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18