Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
HOW
Answer
12/31/04 5:32 PM
Greetings all.
I have asked MANY people for help, but nobody has given me any good advice yet!! Please, be the first!
I really wanna learn German, for the past year or so I have learnt it myself at home, so I now know the basics. But being English, and living in England I don't have much opportunity to use and develop my German skills. My desire for 2005 is to MOVE out to Germany (any location) and to WORK (any job)...for the sole purpose of learning to speak German fluently. I have checked out literally 100s of websites, and yet i have no success. All I am seeking is a simple job (eg. shop work or cleaning) and simple accomodation (1 bedroom flat). CAN ANYONE HELP ME AT ALL???
0 (0 Votes)

Re: HOW
Answer
12/31/04 5:58 PM as a reply to Amber Ward.
Hi
Sorry I dont have a job for you but I can give you couple of advices.. Do you have an UK Passport ? If so, why dont you come over here and look for a job by yourself, instead of looking for it in internet. I am sure this will also challange your german language skills.. emoticon

Depending on your qualifications, you can try to do a traineeship or smt like that.. if you are still a student, there are some student exchange programs like aiesec, iaeste, give a try.. or like au-pair stuff.. I heard also some buys doing that(sorry I dont know whether you are girl or boy.. )

Good luck..

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/31/04 8:11 PM as a reply to Amber Ward.
Well, thanks for such a fast response, I'm impressed!
Yep I have the UK passport, but the idea of coming over WITHOUT any job or connections seems a bit scary! Maybe I will have to do that.
Unfortunately, I've just left college, so I'm not a student and I don't really have any RELEVENT qualifs for any particular job. That's why I'm interested in some low skilled jobs, like cleaning. I don't think au pair is for me.

Thanks again for your response. Think of anything else, please let me know! So is the UK passport all I would need? I'm not really up to date about all this.
Oh yeh, I am a girl (((-:
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/1/05 10:16 PM as a reply to Amber Ward.
Hi,

Why dont you try Irish pubs and something like that.
I am curious, why you want to learn German so much.

Its hard to learn German. sorry, I dont want to disappoint you, but you can always try. I am learning too.
If you like, you can write to me. mailsuji@excite.com

Good Luck
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3