Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Workpermit in England

Toggle
Workpermit in England
Answer
4/13/06 11:41 AM
Do any one know whether a person woth a German NE, Could work in England without a workpermot?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Workpermit in England
Answer
4/13/06 12:28 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
No you can't.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/13/06 2:16 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
Deleted. Wrong forum!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/13/06 4:49 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
you can go to england even if you donot have "ne" if you are american citizen or any other europian/australian/new zealand ... if you come from india, china, pakistan... then you can't. why don't you look at their embassy website? i'm sure there you can get exact answers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/06 2:40 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
Yes, you can, but only if you are working in Germany and your company has a subsidiary/branch in UK or company in UK has an agreement with your company in Germany. Then you can work there, but not forever; only for a period.

That was two timesmy case. I am now working in Germany and my company has a subsidiary in England. While I was working in a company in Turkey, I used to work in England for short periods. Type-C visa of UK enables such cases.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/06 4:35 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
the aggrement and the company is nothing to with the working visa. visa is issued by the state and not by the company for your info. and not even for any period! you can work in uk only if you have working permission for that country and otherwise not. if someone is working in any country without working permission from that country is "illegal" even if the companies have any kinda aggrements!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/16/06 7:56 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
instructor wrote:
the aggrement and the company is nothing to with the working visa. visa is issued by the state and not by the company for your info. and not even for any period! you can work in uk only if you have working permission for that country and otherwise not. if someone is working in any country without working permission from that country is "illegal" even if the companies have any kinda aggrements!

I am working in an international company and this company has a subsidiary in England. I had to go to England for a multi-site project and had to work in England for it. Since I am a foreigner in Germany, I had to have a visa to enter England. Embassy in Düsseldorf asked me to give invitation letters from where I will be working in England, and proof where i am working in Germany. I have also told the Embassy that I will be working for a short period. They said, it is not a problem. I am telling you what the Embassy said to me in person! They said it is not a problem to work with type-C visa, because they had invitations at hand. What I call this is work. This does not have to do with work permit from England, instead, this does have to do with an agreement between two companies or a company with two subsidiaries. Embassies give type-C visa for this stuff, everywhere in the world.

And I have worked in England. For short period. I have not paid any tax in England of course but I have worked. It was not a training. And I did the same thing several times in my life, also thousands of people are doing this overall in the world.

Regards,
Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/16/06 11:52 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
@klenze17

"I am working in an international company and this company has a subsidiary in England."

once again, work permit is nothing to do with international or british company, it is issued by the state in accordance with the law defined by that state.

you can go to england on business visa, where you can do kinda debugging and something like that, but not work!

once you work, meaning that you are suppose to pay the tax, pension/other insurances. if you are not paying and donot posses the work permit, then any state define that as "illegal". as anyone who enter the country without valid visa to enter that country.

"I have also told the Embassy that I will be working for a short period. They said, it is not a problem. I am telling you what the Embassy said to me in person!"

i am not really sure about that, i do have bunch of people got visa rejected as just they mentioned work during the interview.

"What I call this is work."

and pay tax accordingly and valid work permit!

"instead, this does have to do with an agreement between two companies or a company with two subsidiaries."

so i can open kinda company and just send those people anywhere between germany and england without work permit?

"everywhere in the world."

never heard of that.

"And I have worked in England. For short period. I have not paid any tax in England of course but I have worked. It was not a training. And I did the same thing several times in my life, also thousands of people are doing this overall in the world."

for your info. i've worked in england, switzerland, germany, us, france, netherland, belgium and luxembourg, i think i know what a permit is and means and those belongs to this wonderful world as well as any kid understands.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/06 1:07 AM as a reply to Ma Gm.
Instructor, I won't deep in a demagogy with you. It's obvious we are expressing quite different things. I understand what you say, you understand what I say, it is the thing that we try to persuade the other to use one's words to express different situations.

once again, work permit is nothing to do with international or british company, it is issued by the state in accordance with the law defined by that state.

I know that! And I am not talking about work permit, I am talking about the work only. Look at the first question:

Do any one know whether a person woth a German NE, Could work in England without a workpermot?

It is possible! Is there any tax stuff in this question? No! Did you work with your German residence permit abroad? Yes! Is NE a residence permit? Yes! How? With business or normal type-C visa! So, what's the point? Everyone knows the tax stuff, law defined by state!

I had given another way of working in England. You r work is that you are suppose to pay the tax, pension/other insurances.(these are your sentence, just copied from your message). I also know that! I am just giving another example, way of working, but without tax, insurance or state permission. I have addressed it also in my message!

I have also worked in a bunch of countries like you. Please, let's not play who-has-worked-abroad-at-most war. Your term of work is different than mine work term, ok?

That's the difference!

Regards,
Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/06 1:12 AM as a reply to Ma Gm.
Hi,

maybe you will find it interesting, what I wrote to a UK client of trust7 consultancy, who wants to send somebody to work in Germany. This works the other way too, of course...

----
I did a little research for the new employee you are going to send to Hamburg. You should do this under European Law, which gives you the possibility to send an employee to another European country for work (up to 1 year, maybe longer) and you still pay the UK social contributions. This is also possible for selfemployed people (maybe your freelancers?). You need the form E101 and you can find all necessary information here...

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/osc.htm#6
---

Viele Grüsse
Detlef :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/06 3:22 AM as a reply to Ma Gm.
@klenze17

"I know that! And I am not talking about work permit, I am talking about the work only. Look at the first question:
Do any one know whether a person woth a German NE, Could work in England without a workpermot?"

i think the question was from a professional and wanted to know legally to work in uk. of course there are always option to work illegally.

"It is possible!" - no, it's not! unless illegal.

"Is there any tax stuff in this question? No!"

yes, unless illegal.

"Did you work with your German residence permit abroad? Yes!" - no idea, prolly illegal.

"Is NE a residence permit? Yes!" - not for uk.

"How? With business or normal type-C visa!" - business visa => not!

"So, what's the point?" - legally working!

"Everyone knows the tax stuff, law defined by state!" - not everyone, scan through the post again!

"I have also worked in a bunch of countries like you." - then you should better know legally working and illegal things.

"Please, let's not play who-has-worked-abroad-at-most war." - as mentioned, was for your info.

"Your term of work is different than mine work term, ok?" - mine was just legally and professionally.

"That's the difference!" - that's just simply too huge to say difference.

- look at trust7 post!

"You should do this under European Law, which gives you the possibility to send an employee to another European country for work (up to 1 year, maybe longer) and you still pay the UK social contributions."

hope that give's you little bit more information.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/06 3:42 AM as a reply to Ma Gm.
Dear Instructor,

this is really my last post to this discussion. I will not continue this dog fight like in airforces.

i think the question was from a professional and wanted to know legally to work in uk. of course there are always option to work illegally.

Who the hell is working here in the forums illegally, can you tell me? How can you say that I have worked illegally here and there? You have no respect to me and other people here! Shame on you! My company hired me to work in Germany and worked in England also for multi-site projects. You know these facts perfectly but you try to provoke for nothing! Maybe for personal satisfaction.

A foreign person having a German residence permit, no matter what he has, NE or a normal residence permit, he has the right to work in another country, also in England, providing that the invitations are there (typically described as "business visit" ). I did it, thousands of people did it. This is done on visa basis and it is regular work practice.

Now if you still say it is illegal, you are absolutely wrong.

Regards,
Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/06 3:37 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
Hello ,
As I have started the discussion, I would like to clear my case:
I am software prof. working in Germany for the last five years,
Now I would like to relocate to UK. I am now 29 years old and by the HSMP I am missing five points to the minimum limit of 65 points.
In June, I will get an NE from Germany.

I would like to know how to get a work permit in England ? Is there any way to get a workpermit other than HSMP?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/18/06 1:41 AM as a reply to Ma Gm.
@klenze17,

"this is really my last post to this discussion."

that is really good for your health and save my time.

"I will not continue this dog fight like in airforces."

i would say just non-sense and not dog-fight.

"Who the hell is working here in the forums illegally, can you tell me?"

i did not say someone working illegally, but someone can work illegally. please go through once again properly.

"How can you say that I have worked illegally here and there?"

you should know better yourself.

"You have no respect to me and other people here!"

i did not insult anyone in here? prolly i've more respect to a dog.
how dare you "..."!

"Shame on you!"

you "..."!!!

"My company hired me to work in Germany and worked in England also for multi-site projects. You know these facts perfectly but you try to provoke for nothing! Maybe for personal satisfaction."

provoke? who??? for what?????

"A foreign person having a German residence permit, no matter what he has, NE or a normal residence permit, he has the right to work in another country, also in England,"

but with valid work permit only, otherwise it is illegal (once again!)

"providing that the invitations are there (typically described as "business visit" )."

invitations are not valid work permits!!!

"I did it, thousands of people did it."

if anyone does work without valid work permit would be illegal (thousand time again!!!)

"This is done on visa basis and it is regular work practice."

that is what is defined by the state as illegal!

"Now if you still say it is illegal, you are absolutely wrong."

i still say that it is illegal and if by chance to get anyone to court, i would do that to prove it was/is illegal process.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/18/06 2:48 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
HI All,

Take a break from your current discussion. I have a new twist.

I am having a NE in Germany and also immigration for UK which i got the initial 1 year stamped, and this one year will be over within six months. Before this six months normally I need to find a job in UK settle there and apply for a 3 yr extension.

But right now my situation is that I have a good job in DE, and I want to somehow apply for the 3 yr extension for the UK immigraiton also.

So my question is, earning here in Germany, can I show the prrof to the UK officials saying see guys I am still in EU, and want to extend my immigration to another 3 yrs. I know this is a very vague and stupid question, but some how since both countries are in the EU and may be taxes paid in one counrty can be valid in the other also.

regards
Jackal.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/18/06 2:51 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
Hi,

Before you answer my previous post, just read this.

One solution is, if I stay and work in DE for 3 more yrs, then I can get the DE citizenship and then I am free to work in UK anyway. So why to take the pain of waiting for 3 more yrs in UK and then apply for permanent residence and all this stuff.

Is my assumption wrong, if not then this is a possible solution, which I may not be prefering.

regards
Jackal.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/18/06 4:23 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
@jackal

...if I stay and work in DE for 3 more yrs, then I can get the DE citizenship....

If you had visited this forum more frequently, you would have known that you can get DE citizenship after 7 years of residence in Germany. Only 2 more years.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott