Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

totally wrong decision

Toggle
totally wrong decision
Answer
9/11/07 2:13 AM
At age of 26 I came to Germany. After 5 years struggling, the reality tell me that the initial decision is totally wrong.

During these 5 years, I have been worked so hard, but finally could not find a decent job in Germany. In a german group, you're treated as an alien. The leader never gives you the same opportunity as the other german who are perhap less qualified, or simply rejects you without a logic execute. He could gossip about you with other guys behind you, but pretends to show his well cultivated side in front of you. You want to find a new job, but how could you answer such questions like why do you want to give up the current postion? Could you complain: frankly speaking, some german are really stupid.

How about your future in Germany? Could you be a manager of high level? Do german really believe in you and grant you a promising chance to direct them? Actually in their opinions, you come from underdeveloped country with surely inferior education.

I gived up steady job in hometown, gived up ambitious career. Mein former classmates have bought large apartments and cars, enjoy happy lives with their children and parents. Most of them have promoted to satisfactory positions. Coming back with a certificate from a country, whose best university ranks about 50 in the world my job search will be definitely terrible. I have to compete with the fresh graduates who are full of energy.

I have to stay here further until the so-called NG, which seems to be the unique meaning for me. When other country fellows ask whether Germany is recommended place for further study, I'll tell them YES, and convence them that you can enjoy freedom(actually abandance) and exercise you character (including getting used to disrespect and ignorance).

My life is completely ruined at the age of 30.

Sorry for bring these junk here. Anyways there is no other place I can dump these trash.

Thank you for your time.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: totally wrong decision
Answer
9/11/07 10:59 AM as a reply to red army.
@redarmy
I read your rant as 'a little frustration' and (fair enough) 'a little jealosy.'

Be strong and cope with it. Just work on your skills and improve them so that you get recognized irrespective of your cast/creed/religion/nationality.

Cheers and live it up, that's the life based on the choices YOU made.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/07 12:55 PM as a reply to red army.
@redarmy
I came here at age of 25 and work here for 4 years. We both made similar decisions. Now I am also near 30.

I think, at this age your life cannot be ruined. Working in germany has pros and cons. Probably you learned here a new language, and you gained working experience. Dont be so pessimistic. Maybe you need a leeve. You need to recharge your energy.

Kaan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/07 1:51 PM as a reply to red army.
You are still young, so don't be thinking too much ... Enjoy your time in Germany.

Be happy that you are young and you have time to win and show your ability to this wonderful world ...
Don't be comparing too much with others, everyone will have their turn in life !!!

Best wishes !!!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18