Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Daueraufenthalt EG and B1

Toggle
Daueraufenthalt EG and B1
Answer
12/27/10 3:22 AM
Hi

I am sorry, I know there are quite a few postings on Daueraufenthalt EG in this site, but I am forced to ask this question because I have not seen any new entries connecting B1 and Daueraufenthalt EG recently. I am an Indian techie working in germany since Nov 2005. recently I submitted an application for grant of Daueraufenthalt EG.But he staff at the auslanderamt said I can be granted an "NE" but not a Daueraufenthalt EG because for that I need to pass German-B1 exam. I had a feeling she was a newbie and running around looking for answers. So thought I'd do my own research and find out if thats indeed valid, and thats why I am here. Just wondering, How can it been that I get permanent residence in Germany without a B1 exam pass, but a Daueraufenthalt EG with only B1? Even though my German was not that great, I was throughout speaking to her in German-that-I-know. I did show them an old letter from the stadt saying I am over qualified for this and they rejected my application to join integration course in 2006. I still did a few courses but I haven't passed the B1 exam.I travel continiously, so classroom courses unfortunately is not for me,and especially if I need to keep a job. Having said that, is B1 mandatory for Daueraufenthalt EG? Pls dont ridicule... :-) Looking forward to your replies. Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Daueraufenthalt EG and B1
Answer
12/27/10 11:52 AM as a reply to r k.
I thought for NE also one has to pass the B1 exam. This is mandatory for all the Asians who came after 2004 to Germany with some exceptions. If the officer is ready to give you NE without B1 certificate, then it could be that they them self will carry out an exam on their own to evaluate your German skills and if they find that fine, they shall give you the visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/27/10 12:32 PM as a reply to r k.
In my case(in munich) DE-EG, I was asked to show B1 certificate, but I convinced the beamter, by showing B2 course participation certifcate and my MSc Degree(in english though).

Mostly ,it depends upon the beamter.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/27/10 7:51 PM as a reply to r k.
Thanks reddybabu and kewlbuddy, Thanks for sharing your experiences.
My question is slightly on the specific legality.
Just wanted to know what is the specific paragraph and clause which says that we need to furnish B1 exam results for Daueraufenthalt EG. Or, is there no such law? I mean , just wanted to make sure I am not falling prey to someone's ignorance about the law or perhaps his/her whims and fancies. Please help.Thanks again, in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/10 10:30 AM as a reply to r k.
@ pwrbuilder:

Please read the § 9a Erlaubnis zum Daueraufenthalt-EG , Para 3 which states about the German lang:

Einem Ausländer ist eine Erlaubnis zum Daueraufenthalt- EG nach Artikel 2 Buchstabe b der Richtlinie 2003/109/EG zu erteilen, wenn

1. ---
2. ---
3. er über ausreichende Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache verfügt,
4. ---
5. ---
6. ---

The minimum level set for "ausreichende Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache" means one should have B1 certificate.
They ask for B1 most the time and i have also submitted B1 proof 3 years ago for Daueraufenthalt-EG.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/30/10 11:48 PM as a reply to r k.
If you have been working full time job and you were not able to attend a course due to this time restriction, then you are exempted from this course. Anyway you lost your eligibility for attendance in a language course 2 years after your arrival to Germany.

I had no obligation to take such a course. In the list of requirements for NE that I got from the ABH it says that I have to show command in basic German.

I am speaking German at work more than 2.5 years now and also have a statement from my previous emplyoer that my German is very good for daily communication. If you can get such a written statement from your employer that can convince the ABH.

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18