Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Is residence permit and workpermit coupled?

Toggle
Dear trust7 followers,

A friend of mine has the following situation and do not have any concrete response from the behördes(Ausländer und Arbeitamt), hence I am here. Would really appreciate if anyone can provide some insight or guidance in thsi regard.

Situation:

Have a residence permit vaild till Mid 2012 with work permit (unlimited- issued by Arbeitsamt to Ausländerbehörde). My friend has left the country for a year is planning to return in Oct 2011. The Ausländerbehörde(ABH) stated that the residence permit will not be valid but regarding the work permit I need to contact the arbeitsamt, when I contacted the arbeitsamt, they refered my back to the ABH.

My query is will the work permit be valid (even though the residence permit is invalid) if he has found a job in Germany or does my friend need got through the Vorgangsprüfung again(meaning the workpermit and residence permit are coupled), obviously from the country where he is located now?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Is residence permit and workpermit coupled?
Answer
10/26/10 3:00 PM as a reply to Desires Thomas.
Yes, they are interlinked. when the residence permit expires, so does the work permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott