Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Weiterbildung possible?

Toggle
Weiterbildung possible?
Answer
6/27/05 5:48 PM
Hi!

I was wondering if anybody had some practical experience regarding further studies in non-IT areas.
You all know the actual state of the arbeitsmarkt here in Germany and how hard it is to find a job when one has not-so-attractive profession. In this case my wife decided to go further to school instead just waiting for some crappy underpaid job. She already has university degree (4 year studies) and this diploma counts as bachelor's, I guess.
So, we went to several universities to ask what are the conditions required for diploma nostification and/or taking this further (MA?) studies. But, as usual, we've got different answers, nobody knows for sure, seems like we're the first ausleander graduates they've seen in their life (and other accompanying sceens you've all already seen visiting any other beamter).

Information available on the uni-websites is usually just some collection of paragraphs from different education laws (and this administrative §-throwing vocabular is giving me the creeps on the first sight). It seems that nobody sat down and actually wrote a short human-friendly guide that explains what do you have to do in this case, if any exams could be accepted, what has to be verified, if any courses have to be taken, who is in charge of these evaluations etc, etc). And in the midst of these §s it looks like they're more interested in someone's Gymnasium Abitur than already achieved university degree. By the preliminary info received in Heidelberg for example, it is easier and quicker to forget your uni degree and start studies from scratch (like you never attended university).

I've had taken a good look at the BMBF website, but I didn't feel much more clever after that. Has anyone had any practical experience? Or if anyone could turn me in the right direction, at least to know where to ask. I'm not even sure how much autonomy do these universities have, or is it in the jurisdiction of the state or even federal state?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Weiterbildung possible?
Answer
6/27/05 5:59 PM as a reply to Miodrag Vidanovic.
It is possible to have your complete degree anerkant in Deutschland but not allways. It is done by BWF. So find BWFin your land and ask.
I did everything in Bonn and my Dipl. Ing is anerkant as a Dipl.-Ing. completely.
It depends on your land and school will they accept it all or nothing.

But you can allways do Studium in D.

http://www.ipe-thueringen.de/eu/mobil/hochschulgrade.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 6:05 PM as a reply to Miodrag Vidanovic.
http://www.anabin.de

check first there which chances you have ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 6:29 PM as a reply to Miodrag Vidanovic.
@DvD:
Where did you obtain your degree? Split, Zagreb or somewhere else?

@-:
I'm afraid but I don't see some kind of "filter" that tells me if my wife has a good or slim chance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 8:17 PM as a reply to Miodrag Vidanovic.
Zagreb.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/28/05 12:07 AM as a reply to Miodrag Vidanovic.
"I'm afraid but I don't see some kind of "filter" that tells me if my wife has a good or slim chance."

you get info to which german degree her degree corresponds ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/28/05 1:04 PM as a reply to Miodrag Vidanovic.
glide there is everything.
what degree do you (or she) have and where from?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/28/05 1:08 PM as a reply to Miodrag Vidanovic.
No, there was another kind of problem - not all of these countries have extended infos; for example "Univerzitet u Beogradu" has only enough infos to state that it exists somewhere in the universe (more than anyone coming from there would expect anyway ;) ), but "Sveuciliste u Zagrebu" has very detailed information about rankings, acceptance and so on.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/28/05 1:22 PM as a reply to Miodrag Vidanovic.
ups. cak je i bosna bolje prikazana
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/28/05 11:11 PM as a reply to Miodrag Vidanovic.
"No, there was another kind of problem - not all of these countries have extended infos; for example "Univerzitet u Beogradu" has only enough infos to state that it exists somewhere in the universe"

then your wife has problems. 'cause officials will know nothing as well and therefore will try to forget about an application or turn it down
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/05 12:41 PM as a reply to Miodrag Vidanovic.
muss nicht sein.

He should call Ministerium in his land and ask.
They probably have more info than this web page.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott