Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Time required for divorce process

Toggle
Time required for divorce process
Answer
3/16/09 2:19 PM
Hai Friends,

My wife (German citizen) and I want to apply for the divorce. How log does it take the whole process.

We are already living seperate for more than a year. No kids together. No property together.

Cost does not matter.

Please give some advice.

Vikram
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Time required for divorce process
Answer
3/16/09 3:28 PM as a reply to vikram bose.
Vikram

If u dont mind,I just want to know what went wrong ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/16/09 4:52 PM as a reply to vikram bose.
I could not find a job in Germany, so i moved to an east european conutry but she was not ready for it. The gap became big with the time.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/17/09 6:41 PM as a reply to vikram bose.
If it works smoothly the divorce proceedings could be finished within a couple of months after filing them. A general answer is not possible. It depends on the number of cases which the competent district court (Familiengericht) has to deal with. Often it is the problem of getting a timely date for the oral proceedings. There are cases where it can last up to a year or go even beyond it. In any case, a divorce based on mutual consent is speedier than one that involves other issues too.

Rechtsanwalt_Jain@yahoo.de
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Re: Time required for divorce process
Answer
1/9/16 1:14 PM as a reply to rechtsanwalt jain.
Sometimes it took years to complete the divorce and sometimes it took months to complete.It all depends upon your case as how complicated your case is and the divorce attorney, if you have experienced one this can be last longer upto few months and it not then it goes longer and longer.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott