Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Counting years for German citizenship

Toggle
Counting years for German citizenship
Answer
7/15/11 4:17 PM
Hi,

I came here in Germany in October 2004 and finished my study this month (81 months). AFAIK, the NE requires 60 months of stay with work and they will consider half of my study period. So, it will take another 20 months to get my NE with some other requirements like language.

Now, I see after 20 months I would also be eligible for applying German citizenship after fulfilling some other tests and integration things.

My question is, will they consider the full time of stay in Germany (8 years+) or they will consider half of the student time like they do in case of NE?

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Counting years for German citizenship
Answer
7/17/11 12:02 PM as a reply to Joyodroth Chakrabarty.
Hi,

Oct'2004 till July 2011 = 6 yrs 9 months.

if you have a job in hand, than you should get a working visa Nr. §18. So in principle, you are even eligible for citizenship in October 2011. If you have done integration in Deutschland course.

BTW what took you so long to complete your study? and whats your current status, student, job seeker?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/11 10:58 PM as a reply to Joyodroth Chakrabarty.
Thanks for the reply. You are right that I will be soon eligible for citizenship. BUT, AFAIK, citizenship requires either NE or D-EG. And I have a confusion about the requirement of these two. It says student time would be counted half. That is for what? Counting period of residence? Also, they require 60 months of rente payment. I paid around 40 months of rente when i was student. This rente count also be half?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/11 4:09 PM as a reply to Joyodroth Chakrabarty.
I am here since January 2006 and have NE für Hochqualifizerte presently. I was twice before on 90 days Business Visa in 2005 (2005 March till May and 2005 August till October). So if I add up both these then my stay is over 6 years here.

Please share your views whether 6 months of Business visa would be considered for Einbürgerung.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/11 4:33 PM as a reply to Joyodroth Chakrabarty.
No
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/11 5:02 PM as a reply to Joyodroth Chakrabarty.
Thanks Raj !
Is it a § gesetz that long term Business Visas are not accepted for Einbürgerung ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/11 5:14 PM as a reply to Joyodroth Chakrabarty.
You can have a look in Staatsangehörigkeitsgesetz (StAG) to see if it is accepted or not
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott