Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

help with health insurance

Toggle
help with health insurance
Answer
8/25/12 9:20 AM
Hello,

I have recently joined a research institute in Germany as a post doc. My wife will also join me in a month. My question is which health insurance should I choose? I am not eligible for publich insurance. The internationational office in the institute suggested Mawista insurance and I accepted it for the time being. It is cheap and I am fine with this insurance if I am alone. My main concern is the health insurance for my wife. Mawista does not cover the pregnancy related care until a waiting period of 8 months has passed. I am not sure if it covers other women related health care. One of my friend suggested Europa health insurance as a good insurance for women. Its cost is double of the cost of Mawista. I tried to search on internet about people's experience with Europa, but found very liitle. On the other hand, lot of people seem to have Mawsita. When I compare the Mawista with Europa, I find Mawista better except of the pregnancy and women health coverage. Can any body suggest which insurance is better for women.

Thank you. 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: help with health insurance
Answer
8/26/12 10:22 AM as a reply to Neeraj Jain.
Hi!

I have a similar query, my wife went to India last month as we are planning to have our first child in India.
TK told that they will not be covering the costs in India and we should have taken an additional insurance before leaving Germany.

In case anyone can guide what shall we do in this case to avoid the hospital costs in India?

Best regards,

R.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/26/12 11:58 AM as a reply to Rohit Kumar.
Hi,

TK has envivas an extended insurance coverage for you and your family overseas. You have to pay a nominal fee every year.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/26/12 4:47 PM as a reply to Richtig ..
Hi,

thanks for the info. Do you think they will cover the pregnancy/maternity costs in this case as well? as my wife is already in India?

Best regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/26/12 5:24 PM as a reply to Rohit Kumar.
I just check there website, it clearly states;
-----------
Hinweis:

Schließen Sie die Auslandskrankenversicherung bitte in jedem Fall vor
Reiseantritt ab. Andernfalls besteht kein Versicherungsschutz, auch wenn
ein Vertragsabschluss und Beitragszahlung nachträglich erfolgt sind.
-----------

So I believe no chance or?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/27/12 9:01 AM as a reply to Neeraj Jain.
I am not eligible for publich insurance.

What do you really mean by that? May be am wrong but as far as I know everyone can take public health insurance, but if your salary is above xxxx € (or you are a Govt. personal, I think) then you could also choose a private health insurance, but it does not mean that you are not eligible for public one.

And do not go for cheap insurances when it comes to health. Under public health insurance everything is covered. Private ones are good if you remain healthy most of the times and do not visit doctor often. And in your case especially when you have family then public ones are good. Kids fall ill too often and with normal health insurance you do not have to think twice before taking kid to doc or whether this thing would be covered or not, how to optimise this and that so that the cost is minimal. Moreover, you also got to handle paperworks, checks etc.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott