Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Status of Tax Returns

Toggle
Status of Tax Returns
Answer
8/4/08 8:07 PM
Dear Friends,

I am sorry in advance if this question has been answered in this forum earlier. I searched in the FAQ and other sections and could not find what I wanted.

Question I have is on checking the status of Tax application submitted to the Finanzamt by my tax consultant. Everytime I ask , the only news I get is "no news".

It looks like it takes an awfully long time for some news on the tax status after tax applications has been submitted. There is no reference of submission to the finanzamt and there is no way to track the status. Would have been great if there was a way to track the status online, but I know this is not there. I would appreciate if anyone has a better way of checking the status or at least share your experience.

Also , I was stupid enough to let my kindergeld flow through my tax returns and not on monthly basis. Is there a way to change this and at least get the kindergeld for year 2008 directly from the authorities without waiting for the tax returns , which never seems to come.

Thanks for your advice.

Best Regards,
Arun
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Status of Tax Returns
Answer
8/4/08 8:42 PM as a reply to Arun Kumarvc.
takes at the maximum 3 months. No way you can track the status.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/08 10:43 PM as a reply to Arun Kumarvc.
An article in WestDeutsche Zeitung (published 2 weeks before) says in some cities/towns it takes as long as 6 months. This is largely due to the job cuts undertaken by Finanzamt/Tax Office in the previous years.

There is no way to track the status. Please be patient. Thats the status of many people here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/08 3:07 PM as a reply to Arun Kumarvc.
Thanks Raj, Prabath for your replies. I will wait as you suggest.

Cheers,
Arun
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3