Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Pregnancy and GC Visa / status ?

Toggle
Pregnancy and GC Visa / status ?
Answer
12/17/04 12:10 PM
Does anybody knows what happens with residency status of the female owner of GC visa if she becomes pregnant, and ultimately gets the child ? For how long is the visa valid ? Appreciate your response.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Pregnancy and GC Visa / status ?
Answer
12/17/04 12:32 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Normally for 12 months.But better check with Arbeitsamt.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/04 1:07 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Important is if she lost job or not.
If she stil has a job, then everything remains the same.
If she loses job then it is quite complicated.
I think she should get min 2 years because she has Erzieungsgeld for two years, and after that she should get a visa for Jobsuche. What is in her visa written?
Btw it is good idea to check if there is law that protects woman from losing job when they get child. That is quite possible.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/04 1:43 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Yes boys and girls.

We are in Germany. This law exist.

Of course they cannot fire a pregnant woman. Here an employer can´t ask a lady if she is pregnant or if she plans to have a baby. If the question comes, then you can refuse to ask because is a "personal question" and you have right to privacy

If Cedomir or your wife/friend is pregnant, she must go ASAP to the doctor. The doctor emits a "Pregnancy pass" and with it you get another rights, and you are covered against firing.

After the birth, she has the right to be at home 3 months payed, I think 3 more months more if doctor indicates and exist a legal right of three years of "Mutterschafturlaub" in which a woman can stay at home with the baby, she receive no salary BUT anytime she decides to go back work, she can do it.

I think in this time she will conserve the GC.

Regards

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/04 2:17 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Hi DVD,

Erziehungsgeld is given for 2 and 3 years by law( Bundeserzieungsgeld and Landes respectively). but if anyone of the spouse has more than 37~40K minimum salary, then it is very likely that you get money only for 6 months or at the maximum 1 year but with the later 6 months with a smaller paycheck.

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/04 2:18 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Thank you for the answers, esp. YO. This sounds good. My wife is still working under GC, and I have GC too. At the time nobody is pregnant :-), we are just checking the possibilities.
One more question, after she stops receiving any money from the company because of pregnancy, I should be then able to change immediately to tax class III ? Because now we are both class IV, and it the same as I (single).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/04 2:29 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Cedo do you know that you and your wife could get ArbBer but onlyif you aply before 1.1.?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/04 2:29 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Hey rajeshspg,

I was just discussing these 6 months topic 2 days ago with my wife because that's all we got for our last daughter.
The lady who treated our file told me that, but never showed me a paper or a § in a law stating that.
Do you got some link for that?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/04 2:36 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Yes Cedomir. I think so.

Surely, as far as your wife stops working, you can go to Klasse III. But I don´t know too much about it.

In addition to that, she will receive Mutterschaftgeld, that is a kind of payment when you have the kid, (I think it comes from Krankenkasse) and if your salary is small enought, you will get also Kindererziehungsgeld from government.

The employer hires a replacement for your wife and this person works untill your wife decides to go back work OR after three years the replacement keep working.

You don´t have to pay a penny of anything, all the medicines are for free and also the birth. In addition, your wife also receive some money for each day she is in the Klinik.

My son have 15 months now, he borned here. If you want more details you can ask.

Regards

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/04 2:39 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
>Cedo do you know that you and your wife could >get ArbBer but onlyif you aply before 1.1.?

No, I didn't know ! ArbBer = Arbeitsberechtigung = I can finally work at McDonalds ? Tell me more about it, and if you know also where (ok, I know, Arbeitsamt) and how to apply, what should I ask for, which form should I fill in ?

What advantage I will get actually ? I will go to Arbeitsamt directly on monday if it makes sense !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/04 2:43 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Perhaps also important, we are both working in Germany since 1.1.2001 (as GC), but we are married since 09/2003. Does it influence chances for Arbeitsberechtigung in any way ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/04 2:49 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Hi Nobody,

I just read this site http://www.lvf.bayern.de/erziehungsgeld/erz.html to apply for my 2 kids. But, when i got the beschied i understood how do they calculate. I think if you have less than 27,000€ per year( I mean the whole family income) then you will get 300€ per month for 2 years and then you can apply for Landesgeld(I suppose for this one of the parents must be german and they should reside in th eland where ther apply for the last 12 mon).

For my first child i got whole 1 year 300€ beacuse i just joined my job and the previous tax year, i had only 3000€ income:-) but for my second child i got 300€ for 6 months and 100€ for the next 6 months.

You also have a rechner in that site so you can calculate how much will u get. Ther are 2 forms of payment, one is normal for 2 years and 1 is budget. Normal paymnent is 24*300€ and Budget payment is 12*450€

Best Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/04 3:28 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
"Perhaps also important, we are both working in Germany since 1.1.2001 (as GC), but we are married since 09/2003. Does it influence chances for Arbeitsberechtigung in any way ?"

yes. you can not get AB. you need 2 years in marriage. AB could be usefull if someone loses job because that way (s)he can find easier job and bridge some period needed to get NE.

But in your case it is allmost imposible that you both lose jobs next year.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/04 3:47 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
>But in your case it is allmost imposible that you
>both lose jobs next year.

Nikad ne reci nikad - You can never be sure :-)

But I have changed job already 7 times, so I hope that we will "survive" until 12/05 to get PR :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott