Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Getting a permit for "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet, selbständige Tätigkeit er

Toggle
Hi all,

I'm currently freelancing as an English teacher, but would like to start up a new business here in Germany.

My current visa only allows me to work for the companies listed on my visa & reads that "Sonstige Erwerbstätigkeit nicht gestattet"

How do I go about changing this so that I am able to work in a company other than those listed? ie. so that I can get the note "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet, selbständige Tätigkeit erlaubt" included on my visa.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Getting a permit for "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet, selbständige Tätigkei
Answer
9/29/10 2:21 AM as a reply to Fara O'Connor.
There is a distinction between freelancing (self employment) and dependent employment.

If you intend to be self-employed and work for (not “in”) a different company, you would need to apply for a permit according to § 21 AufenthG. Granting the permit is discretionary.

I suggest you lay down in detail the professional work and possible customers whom you want to offer your services. Also, check when you would be eligible for a settlement permit as this allows taking up any employment including self employment.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott