Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family Reunion Visa issue

Toggle
Family Reunion Visa issue
Answer
6/23/11 3:13 PM
Hi,

I am from India; I have a job opportunity in Munich.

Yet to apply for the work permit for myself, I am a bachelor, not married. Soon planning for my marriage. I am looking for few clarifications related to bringing my spouse to Germany.

Let's say that, after getting my German work permit visa, I will plan for marriage in India to an Indian girl. I am aware of that spouse has to apply for "family reunion visa" from India to enter Germany.

My friend informed me that there is a rule which mentions,

Spouse is eligible for family reunion visa, if the marriage has happened before issuing work permit visa for husband. OR husband should have been living and working in Germany for minimum 2 years before applying for a reunion visa.

Is this clause is correct? Since I am getting married after work permit is issued. Is there any chance that my spouse reunion visa will get rejected?

I am trying to gather some info on this clause. Greatly appreciated, if you can help me here.

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Family Reunion Visa issue
Answer
6/23/11 3:38 PM as a reply to dkpr01 dkp.
I am afraid, your friend is right. In your case it is worth getting married today and applying for German visa together with your wife.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/11 4:34 PM as a reply to dkpr01 dkp.
Thanks Rohit, for your quick reply.

Where can I find more info on such a clause? On official website Which I am referring to,
http://www.chennai.diplo.de/Vertretung/chennai/en/Startseite.html

absolutely zero information on such hidden rules. Can you help me find some links for more information.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/11 10:07 PM as a reply to dkpr01 dkp.
Yes you are right, unfortunately this info is based on experience of some colleagues already living in Germany. The spouse's visa got rejected simply due to the reason that sponsor was living for less than 2 years in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/24/11 12:02 AM as a reply to dkpr01 dkp.
Hi dinesh,

Your friends are correct. This rule is not mentioned in the german embassy website of chennai.

When the application is submitted in the Auslänerbehörde, then this law kicksoff.
If you can understand german language or the google translation check this link
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/aufenthg_2004/__30.html
check the condition (1).3.d.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/24/11 1:13 AM as a reply to dkpr01 dkp.
Hi,

my wife's visa was rejected due this 2 year rule ,
check out my case...i was not knowing this rule when i had relocated..take care .
http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/spouse_visa_rejected_advice
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family Reunion Visa issue
Answer
5/27/15 6:33 PM as a reply to dkpr01 dkp.
You can consult any person in the visa office and get all the information you need.There are different rules they follow for different country.So be sure to collect all the necessary info.You can also consult any local family lawyer who can guide you through the procedure and legal paperwork.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott