Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Help needed in getting a work permit as a dependant of spouse

Toggle
Hi

I understand the similar kind of query would have been answered elsewhere, but I understand from this year onwards the workpermit rules have changed and so posting it again.

My wife is currently working in Germany and she has a work permit or Aufenthaltserlaubnis for 3 years which is extensible by 2 years.

I'm in India currently and applying for jobs in Germany , but the response has been not so good. I believe I can join her on a family re-union visa, but that doesn't permit we to work there. Can I apply for jobs when I come there on a family reunion visa Or can I change my visa status to "Aufenthaltserlaubnis" and then start looking for jobs?

I came across this answer in another forum:
"the residence and work permits are the same thing as of this year. if you get a residence permit as a dependant or otherwise, you are allowed to work. usually under the same conditions as your spouse, so if they have a temporary permit that lets them work but not be self employed, than thats what you will get, and it will expire at the same time as your spouses. If they have permanent permit then so will you get one."

Does the above mean that I can apply for a residence permit at the German embassy in India by submitting the proof of spouse's residence permit?

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Regards

Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Help needed in getting a work permit as a dependant of spouse
Answer
8/7/06 3:09 PM as a reply to Rajesh n.
You will get only a three months visa in German consulate in india, which you have to change into a residence permit after coming to germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/7/06 5:51 PM as a reply to Rajesh n.
Thanks Raj for your reply. Does this mean I can apply for a residence permit once I reach there, even without having an employment OR do I automatically get a residence permit because of my spouse's visa status?

From where can I get answers to all these kinds of questions, will local office in Munich help?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/7/06 6:30 PM as a reply to Rajesh n.
since you are already registered in toytownmunich people there can answer your question. You wife should know where she registered herself and where she went for the visa. Regarding your work permit i dont know exactly whether you get automatic workpermit based on your wifes visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/7/06 6:33 PM as a reply to Rajesh n.
I am not sure your chance of getting a workpermit/resident permit from applying for jobs on your own. Better try your luck by coming under Famuily reunion visa first.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/06 7:00 PM as a reply to Rajesh n.
I have looked at other sites also, I haven't got a clear answer so far. Can someone please take a little time and provide me with the right info.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18