Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Experience with O2

Toggle
Experience with O2
Answer
6/29/06 6:34 PM
Hi everybody,

I am getting a new handy contract with O2. Please share your experiences with O2 as I read some strange things on a forum for their billing.

Will appreciate your input.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Experience with O2
Answer
7/2/06 6:29 PM as a reply to Surinder S.
Can you tell me which forum..I got a bill because of some probs with home zone and City zone from o2..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/2/06 7:07 PM as a reply to Surinder S.
Now goes my 3-th contract with O2. At the beginning I was excited with the home zone feature; when I was in Hanau, the home zone was everywhere around the town. Now I got troubles, my new home in München is into an old building, and inside the home zone disappears. Not only, I lose the connection at all.

After I've ordered a Festnetz telephone, I've nearly stoped using my handy.

In my opinion, O2 are expensive - I pay 12.50 base price, after that are the connections. When it comes to extend the contract, the posibilities are not better than the offers from the other companies.
When this contract ends, I'm not going to extend it. I'll use a prepaid card.

Plamen.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/06 12:05 PM as a reply to Surinder S.
Hi Peptrov,

U can call the customer center and tell them that u are having problem with homezone. Then they will then increase the homezone radius to > 500 m. This usually solves the problem.
Secondly, calling from homezone is less expensive than calling from the festznetz number. Also now there is a Genion Flat. So u can call to any festznetz number or o2 mobile for free if u pay additional 10 Euro.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/06 5:19 PM as a reply to Surinder S.
@p_tuladhar41
Did it 6 or 8 months ago, it didn't help. They asked me a lot of questions including what kind of handy I'm using etc..., after that - the same. It is not so simple that the connection is missing, but: it comes and disappears, so when somebody calls me, suddenly the connection drops.

It's not only me in this situation - a couple of friends of mine are O2 clients, they live near Freiburg. She has ordered her home zone at home, he - at the Freiburg's centre. They say, that they both have problems often.

Plamen
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/06 9:41 AM as a reply to Surinder S.
@ppetrov:

If you use some other handy, which is not compatible with the O2 software, then this problem often comes. For this, I managed to pursue their Branch in Frankfurt, who referred me to upgrade my O2 Software (somewhere in City Centre building, where Saturn is).

Next, check your Handy setting as well. Because, this matters sometime too. You should contact your local sale office in your area to guide you about.

Pursue them, if your problem is not resolved, then you may go out of the contract, as it does not benefit you paying your Grundgebühr.

Hope, this would help.

A.T
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/06 5:57 PM as a reply to Surinder S.
@simu2004

I got a new O2 contract 2 months ago and if I did it online I would have had 100 free sms per month for all the 24 months.This could have saved me lots of money as I do sms a lot to my homecontry and 1 sms ins Ausland kosts 29 cents with O2 (the ones to Germany are 19cents). I asked if I could switch to an online contract (with this you do not have a paper bill but electronic like its a big deal), but they said that no switching can be done and I should look on the brighter side because the contract without free sms is better as I have a free phone calls to support (I am with O2 more then 5 years, since student times and never needed support but...).What happened was OK from legal point of view but I am unsatisifed as a customer as I should have been informed better that the contracts offered online and in shop are different.
What ever the moral story of this is, when my current contract with O2 finishes they are not getting my money ever again.

cybigi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/06 11:06 PM as a reply to Surinder S.
@cybigi
please keep in mind that with online contract, with which you have 100 sms free per month are only within Germany. If you send sms in Ausland, you have to pay usual price of sms.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/06 1:36 PM as a reply to Surinder S.
@umts11

Yes you are right, but still if all 100 are used then it is 20 euros per motnth difference and for the period of 24 moths that is a noticable amount.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott