Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

salary comparison

Toggle
salary comparison
Answer
11/5/10 5:23 PM
Hi friends,
I need some help in comparing salaries in different places in Germany. If I have current package of 58000€ PA in Köln, what should be that equivalent in a place like Munich or Hamburg. With 58K, life in Köln is pretty good. Now I have a new job in Munich and will the same amount or 60K will be same?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: salary comparison
Answer
11/7/10 9:31 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
Munich is damn costly,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/10 12:32 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
having worked in Munich/Berlin and Frankfurt, I can say 2 things :

-60 KE is still a good salary in Munich
-if you would like to keep the same savings etc , you need to have 20% more of salary if you would like to move to Munich , means 70 KE.Things like accomodation,kindergarden,Shopping are pretty more expensive in Munich (20% in average )

Hope this helps

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/10 2:02 PM as a reply to Reddy Babu.
Thanks for the information. I have checked some websites for mieten wohnung and found that I might end up paying around 900-950 € a month which is surely costly when i compare that to Köln. Apart from that the traveling costs by public transport could also be expensive. I am thinking to bargain with the company to increase the package to some more. I have not received the work contract yet, but understand that in Munich, most of the firms do pay an extra month salary which doe not happen in Köln.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott