Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

whats wrong

Toggle
whats wrong
Answer
1/7/07 5:39 PM
Im searching job in IT(java/j2ee) from last 3 months without success. Can anyone experiance, advice me how to do it in a successful way,till now not even a single company called me for interview.the only problem is that i dont hav job experiance in germany in this field( last was in india and)and my searching area is limited to munich.
can someone give me the links or details where i can again start my carrier in IT.for example for some practical xp, dosent matter if money is less.due to some personal reasons i need to find the job as early as possible.
I would be thankful if someone advise me positively in my problem.
regards
0 (0 Votes)

Re: whats wrong
Answer
1/8/07 1:03 PM as a reply to Max max.
@anonymous

What i can speculate, the problem is with your language. to get a job in Germany GERMAN is MUST. unless you are exceptionally lucky.

Translate your CV to German and try again.

for jobs in germany Google it out and you will find a lots of sites. ITjobs.de, jobpilot.de etc.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/07 1:23 PM as a reply to Max max.
I don't want to sound arrogant and discouraging but the IT-Job Market in Germany is nowadays so good. It hasn't been so good in the last 5 years.

If you cant find a job in this Job Market situation, then you must be doing smt really wrong during your applications. My thoughts for the possible reason.

-> You are not applying with a German CV and German Cover letter without grammatical mistakes and/or you can not speak German fairly well.

-> You don't have a formal qualification(like University degree) in IT-Area and/or your qualification is not in Germany earned.

-> You don't have any job experience in Germany.

If none of the above is the case for you, then I can't believe that you didn't get even a single call in 3 months time, when the IT-Job Market is so good nowadays.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/07 6:06 PM as a reply to Max max.
Thanks for ur suggestions.can someone working in this field send me one copy of resume just showing technical skills and xp,the way usually german companies wanted (either in english or in german).I hav a big gap and starting my carrier again in this field.so maybe im doing some mistake in my cv.thanks in advance for ur help my email is manischsingh@yahoo.com
or give me some link.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/07 8:12 PM as a reply to Max max.
You can find one of my old CV (totally out-to-date) that I uploaded some years ago for someone on the forum who needed an exemple of a German CV.
It is done according to the EU format

http://webtests.free.fr/docs/cv_format_de_dwa.doc

And as the other said, you have to check (in this very order)
1. your proficiency at speaking German
2. your experience, be it in Germany or elsewhere
3. your degree(s)

You said you had a gap, how did you filled it, what have you done during this time? This part is very important for every employer because if you "filled" the gap by searching for jobs, then they will get unconfident on you because asking themselves "why did he had to wait so much to get another job?".

I had had 2 gaps in Germany while searching for job, the first of 6 and the second of 4 months.
The explanation I gave when I had to be enquired of it was learning German for the first (which I didn't in fact, was searching for a job but the lack of German was a pain in my butt) and the second was taking care of my second daughter, which I really did and this was enough to get them out of any doubt about my competences.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/07 8:19 PM as a reply to Max max.
thanks for the link.
i mean so say i hav 6 months gap since im here and second in last 3 years i was doing some other job that was not related to IT.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/10/07 2:32 PM as a reply to Max max.
Can someone tell me what r the typical questions can be asked by a german company in an interview?and how one should act(i mean what things i hav to take care while facing an interview with a german) as i hav no idea and experiance about it here.

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/10/07 3:50 PM as a reply to Max max.
well,

be honest, realistic, don't tell lie when you don't know it well eg. don't say you know JAVA good when you just finished read one book, you know what I mean, right?

good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/07 5:22 PM as a reply to Max max.
I dont agree with VP_2004. everybody lies a little bit in his/her resume. If you dont do it while someone else does it, you won't even get a chance to be interviewed. The reality is that no one is good in everything, job market is cruel and harsh, you will miss the chance if you insist on your so-called honesty. Believe it or not, according to a UK job market statistic, 90% job-seekers exaggerate their skills in their resume. So, based on your philosophy, jobless rate in UK should be much much higher.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/07 6:05 PM as a reply to Max max.
thanks for ur advise.let see what comes in future without lying.otherwise i will try that also.
regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/07 3:08 AM as a reply to Max max.
Lying on your CV / in the interview to get a job? Definitely not!

In all my years ( 20+ ) in IT, I have never been compelled to lie to get a job. In your lifespan in a particular company, anything you say to your manager in the interviewing process will be forever remembered. Quite quickly on the job, you can be expected to be tested in many of the skills you have represented yourself to possess.

I have worked with liers that have openly bragged about lying to obtain the job. These people were quite quickly ostracized by their colleagues ( myself included ). We all knew that these people could not be trusted and never gave them the time of day.

Their careers at the company were not always short, however. But the time they spent within the company was never pleasant for them.

If you can't find a job in Germany, get yourself more skills or else go somewhere where the economy is much better ( England for example ). When my most recent contract finished up in Frankfurt, I never even bothered to look around in good old racist Germany - I just moved on and feel much better for it ( now on contract in London for a major credit card company ).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/07 10:01 AM as a reply to Max max.
"Lying on your CV / in the interview to get a job? Definitely not!"

It is not lying. It is Marketing(Is there a difference ? lol ) You are selling your skills and marketing yourself, when you apply for a job.

I see personally no problems, if you are good at one subject 50% and you say that you are good at it %80. If you are smart enough to fill the %30 gap in days and if you get the job done proper way in reasonable amount of time after being hired, everybody will be happy anyway.

What you should avoid is to tell that you are good at a subject %80, when you are actually %10 or so. That would be lying.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/14/07 6:09 AM as a reply to Max max.
I just shared my personal experience.
My first interview - without job experience.

I told them what I know well - some overview - just hear about - I have no idea.

In fact 2 days later I got the job!

Lying in CV that is exactly why I feel skeptical about colleague comes from certain country!

good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18