Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Health Insurance Refund

Toggle
Health Insurance Refund
Answer
3/2/05 10:56 AM
Hello all,

I dont know if this topic has been discussed before. I did try searching the forums but was not successful.So,i put my question here.
I am a student in Germany for more than 2 years and been using/paying TK Health Insurance. But i have never used(not even once) it. So,is there a possibility of getting any type of refund? Please inform me if there is an option!

wishes,
Ravi.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Health Insurance Refund
Answer
3/2/05 11:15 AM as a reply to Ravindranath Janapureddy.
No, you wont. Coz this is not the way insurances work!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/05 12:40 PM as a reply to Ravindranath Janapureddy.
Well, if you have private insurance and don't use it - they pay you some amount back.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/05 12:56 PM as a reply to Ravindranath Janapureddy.
That also depend upon the Private Health Insurance company whether they have this policy to refund you something back or not.

But from TK, definitely you will not get anything back. Its one way money which always flow from your account to their accounts emoticon In return you get their services.

Soni
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/05 12:58 PM as a reply to Ravindranath Janapureddy.
Some state insurances also started to do that after 1.1.2004, at least AOK Baden-Würtemmberg offers a "Bonus" model, where you can get around 300 Euro back(this amount also depends on your salary), if you dont go to the doctor in that calendar year. They have a calculation system and they will deduct some amount from your bonus money for your each visit to doctor(or for the each day of hospital stays)
You can end up paying an amount instead of getting back at the end of the year, if you stayed in the hospital for a long time or if you had several doctor visits but the risk is also not that high, the amount you are supposed to pay to AOK also can not exceed a limit.(smt around 300 Euros). If you want to take this risk and get into bonus model, then you have to sign a special contract with your health insurance.

For students, I guess this may not work.. students contribute very small amount compared to normal employees so that it would not make sense to pay them back their contributions. They should be thankful that they were covered by the insurance, even though they have contributed so small amount of money. (This is because of the Social System in Germany.)

For more info regarding the bonus model :
http://www.aok.de/bawue/rd/128198.htm

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/05 1:00 PM as a reply to Ravindranath Janapureddy.
Alright! Thx for replies. Guess i dont get anything back :-( I need to look for a cheaper student insurance!

wishes,
Ravi.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3