Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Medical Insurance for New Born

Toggle
Medical Insurance for New Born
Answer
12/12/07 3:09 PM
Hi everyone,

My son was born in India , and he will be coming soon to Germany ( I hope) .. I need some information regarding his medical insurance. I have private insurance and my wife is a student and she has a public insurance. Which insurance will we have to take for our kid. If the kid comes on 30th December, should I have the insurance from the day he arrives here or he should have some overseas insurance first .

Thanks in Advance.
VIvek
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Medical Insurance for New Born
Answer
12/12/07 3:50 PM as a reply to vivek gupta.
See to that the newborn stays in public insurance. Ask your wife's insurance company to issue a Bescheinigung saying that the her insurance covers the newborn as well as soon as they are in germany. If you have this letter then you dont need any other insurance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/07 6:46 PM as a reply to vivek gupta.
According to German insurance law kids must be on the insurance of a person who earns more - in this case on your private insurance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/13/07 1:26 PM as a reply to vivek gupta.
yes, I also figured it out that the one who earns more in the family has to take the insurance for the kid.
To me its costing 132 euros per month.
Is it ok price ?
will the half of it be paid by the employer ?

regards
vivek
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/13/07 1:54 PM as a reply to vivek gupta.
132 is already on more expensive side, you can find cheaper ones, but they will increase after couple of years anyway.
Employer pays half your insurance (including family members) but no more than ~240 Euro (50% of average max premium between state insurances) - this is valid for both private & state insurances.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott