Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Outlook as Server

Toggle
Outlook as Server
Answer
1/27/07 12:05 PM
Can I somehow use a Outlook as a server.
What I want is to have some Mailbox on Outlook server where everybody can take a look. All mails that somebody sends would be saved there also and according to project.
The main problem is that mailboxes that everybody has are personal and when we need to check something specific we need to search the company to find all people that where engaged in that project.
If we would copy everything on some "Protokol"
mailbox with clever ordner structure, than everybody (or who has access) could get all correspondence related to one project or to some specific part of the project. Somethig like database (cos everybody has access to it) but still a mailbox. This mailbox should be filled on some automatic way, with some smart "Regeln" or similar.

So does anybody knows how to achieve this with MS Outlook or with some other product that attaches to Outlook?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Outlook as Server
Answer
1/29/07 7:21 PM as a reply to Denis von Domikulic.
You will need Microsoft Exchange Server. Outlook can't and is not designed to meet ur requirement as far as I know.

Regards
Fais
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/07 11:04 AM as a reply to Denis von Domikulic.
off course we have MS E(Outlook) Server.
The whole question goes for server.
Outlook is just client. We have all .pst files on server.
I thought maybe we could open more accounts for one project by categories and then allways put those in CC or BCC.
But then how can I easily access those project accounts on MS E Server.
That means I would need to add all as a aditional e-mail accounts to my Outlook and so should everybody else who wants to see project correspondence.

That could be it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/07 6:29 PM as a reply to Denis von Domikulic.
not sure if this is what u wnt.

U want to have a group mailbox where all mails sent to this group are accessible by all members of the project.

If yes then you will have to create this new group mail account. And add this account to every client who have access and would like to see the inbox. Adding additional account is easy in Outlook. its under Extras --> Email Accounts . The wizard will take you along.

Regards
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3