Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
GC & Entziehungsgeld
Answer
4/5/05 12:07 AM
Hi,

I am GC since 1.3.2001. My wife is also here. We married 2 years ago. Now, I am goint to be a daddy ;-). What kind of rights do we have here?Can we get kindergeld and Entziehungsgeld. My wife didn't work here.
Do you have any informations or some usefull links??
Cheers,
Romi
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC & Entziehungsgeld
Answer
4/5/05 11:54 AM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
HI,

its eRziehungsgeld emoticon

ok its like this,
you get Kindergeld for sure,
you go to Kindergeldantragstelle in your district. Its like 5 Min work (not including waiting emoticon )
Take your pass, your Arbeitserlaubnis, the "Bescheinigung of Geburt of your child that you get from Standesamt", account number you want the money go to and thats all.
you give it to the guy and then in 5 min he fill his stuff and thats all.
By Erziehungsgeld its a bit complicated.
first i give you scarry part >
there are like 20 pages you have to fill out.. Including stamps from the ABH if you are not german, calculations from your employer and so on and so on...
but to make it short "IF YOU (i mean you our you and your wife together)HAVE MORE THAN 30000€ NETTO" > NETTO do not make the procedure while you will not get the Erziehungsgeld and you will just stress yourself to fill everything out...
and the filled stuff you can give up by Bürgeramt and the procede it to the right place, so its easier for you but do not make yourself a job if you have over 30K Netto...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/05 12:47 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
Hi,

I think Nagual is wrong regarding the erziehungsgeld issue. I personaly have a netto more than 35 K euro per year and my wife got this money for my two daughters. As far as I understand we got the minimum which can be paid, this was 308 euro for 6 months (total of 1848 euro) for each child.

I personaly advice you that you keep a copy of the first form which you will fill out, this can make it easier for you to remember what to write down in case of more childeren, only in case you are willing to have a bigger family :-)

Regards,

wsh.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/05 1:03 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
Well,
Nagual is not wrong while he applied like in January for it emoticon

quess why he did not get it emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/05 1:56 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
Dear Friend,

Well first of all congrats to join the Daddy club:-)

Dont be scared abour Erzieungsgeld!! It is just a 10 min procedure. First of all the application has only 5 pages and all questions ar every simple. You need to attach your last year Lohnstuerabklärung to make things simple for them to calculate your income last year. You just need a stamp from your Krankenkasse( hich is normally done in 5 min) and then a stamp from Auslandsamt( it is also done in 5 min)

Every one will get 308€ per month for every child and the third child might get a mit more. You get money for 6 months ( 100% gurantee) then you might get some money according to your previous year gross after tax reductions.

So atleast you have some money for 6 months with Kindergeld. Dont be scared to fill an application form as i knew lot of my friends just throwed away the antrag thinking it is useless but it is only 30 minutes effort to get 3600€ for your kid. I did this for both of my kids and they got for 12 months but after 6 months they got a reduced sum!!

Best Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/05 2:10 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
Social reforms in Germany -- Big Joke :-)) is't it? Why do german govt. pay money to mothers who never worked in Germany and dont even have permission to work.

Anyway it is strange to hear diff. exp. from people. I myself had a friend applied for the money and got rejected b-cos his salary is above the limit. I guess he has a NETTO of around 30,000€.

Is every bundesland has diff. rules?

vamsi.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/05 2:18 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
http://www.lvf.bayern.de/erziehungsgeld/rechner_04/start.html

http://www.lvf.bayern.de/erziehungsgeld/rechner/rechner.html

Übersteigt das ermittelte Einkommen beim Regelbetrag die für die ersten sechs Lebensmonate geltenden Ausschlussgrenzen, entfällt der Anspruch auf Erziehungsgeld.

Ehepaare,
Eltern in eheähnlicher Gemeinschaft und
Lebenspartner
30.000 €

you will not get it if your netto is over 30000 its same in all 16 bundesländern
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/05 2:57 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
Well friends, let´s point something.

All of you have reason, but in a practical manner, Nagual is right.

First of all, the things have ENORMOUSLY changed since 1.1.04 and a little bit more from 1.1.05

When the kid borned before this dates MAYBE if you managed the things correctly (**) you could got Kindererziehungsgeld (KEG please) with a salary of 50 K. Nowadays, I doubt you get KEG even with 30 K salary, I think the limit is very fewer (about 17 K)

The important date is not when you apply. The important date is when your kinder borned (Theoretically you have only 6 months to apply but the people is very friendly and you can apply later - I asked that)

(**) OK, let´s resume. If you see the formulas, your income is only a part. Other part is your expenses. If you earn 200 K (Bull...t there is also a limit - only an example!) but your expenses are 190 K you could got KEG.

Also you must deduct from any payments all the payments your wife received (Kindergeburtgeld or others from Krankenkasse), your wife must be in charge of growing your kid AND your wife CANNOT work while the KEG comes (6 months, a year or whathever).

You can always try, but I´m not so convinces you can get KEG

Good luck

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/05 2:58 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
Hello,

You will not get ERZ's Geld only after 6 months but till six months you will get 300€. This applies to all 16 states.

My child was born August 2004. I was given 300€ for first 6 months and 100€ for the next six months. My salary is aroud 40 K.

Landes ERZ's geld has some limitations but not Bundes

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/05 4:32 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
40K of what ? NETTO or BRUTTO before or after TAX
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/05 5:26 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
I think salary is never a concern for the first 6 months. I clearly remember this for both of my kids.

BTW, i dont have 40k Netto!!

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/05 6:58 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
Hello Everybody,

The EG is completely dependent on the salary.
The netto calculated amount should be less than 30000 €. Hmm even 30001 wont do. We all live in Germany and we have to undergo all these funny rules.

Now coming to the calculation.
They have something called Werbungs kosten which can be 1044€ as default. More than this will be also calculated.
And 24 % will be deducted as Tax and Social Insurance.

So the main thing is what all you submit for your tax clearance.
If your salary is 43000€ and the finanzamt has considered 3000 € as tax deductible, then your salary comes down to 40000€.

Then deduct 24% + Werbung kosten.

You would be finally getting an amount definitely less than 30K.

Even let your salary be 100K. If you have enough expenses declared in the steuer bescheid, you will be able to claim the EG.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/05 7:13 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
its eRziehungsgeld - I heard this word lest week. I didn'n need this word yet ;-).

Tnx a lot for Your answers!!!.

Romi
0 (0 Votes)

GC Holder: Arbeitsamt refuses to pay Kindergeld
Answer
6/23/05 4:31 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
For 2 years, I'm in Germany as a Greencard holder. After starting to work here, I married and brought my wife here last year. 2 months ago, we had a son.

I have applied for Erziehungsgeld and Kindergeld. Currently the former is granted. But Arbeitsamt refused to pay Kindergeld. I got a letter from them saying that I'm not eligible to take Kindergeld.

I have never heard something like that. Actually, I dont know what to do now. Has anybody ever encountered a case like this?

Regards,
Gulermu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/05 7:17 PM as a reply to Miro Srednoselec.
Gulermu,
What is written in the letter? Have they given any reasons for refusing KG?.If not, take the letter with you to the KG Abteilung and ask them for reasons.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott