Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Verification over - now what?

Toggle
Verification over - now what?
Answer
8/30/11 10:37 PM
Hello,
I am an Indian and i got married to a German citizen in may 2011. We applied for the family reunion visa on 24th may and today after 3 months i.e 30th may 2011 my husband received a letter in Germany asking him to bring his proof of identity, income and residence. I would like to know that after he shows them the documents and they approve them how much more time will it take for my visa to get approved? It will be a great help for me if i receive help from this forum. Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Verification over - now what?
Answer
8/31/11 1:32 AM as a reply to Tessy Sebastian.
hi, im new in dis forum and dnt knw how to write a new msg so im writing here . my husband just started working in Germany (Munich) from 25th August 2011.... he has an unlimited work contract with residence permit. he is an engineer by profession and earning handsome amount 50k per anum. he has also done his studies from germany its been his 4th year in Germany . before that he was having a student visa . now he switched to work permit. can anyone suggest me which is the best time to apply for family reunification? . if i apply in sept first week. will it be okay? and how long does dis whole process take?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/31/11 3:46 AM as a reply to Tessy Sebastian.
. if i apply in sept first week. will it be okay?
>> It depends (why? see the last answer)!

and how long does dis whole process take?
>> Usually 3 to 6 months

the best time to apply for family reunification?
>> As soon as you ready with required papers!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/31/11 12:55 PM as a reply to Tessy Sebastian.
@sash2011
in my case, my wife got her visa approved approximately in 2 weeks after I was asked to submit some documents.

@dua123

It seems your husband just started to work in Germany. How long is his probationary period (Probezeit)?

If 3 months, you may right away apply for family reunion visa. By the time your application is being processed,he would have also passed the probationary period.

If 6 months, you should then wait.

In principle, the spouse in Germany should not be in his probationary period at the time of spouse visa application processing.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/31/11 7:32 PM as a reply to Tessy Sebastian.
thanks for the quick response . my husband is on probation period...but i havent get any thing like probation in german laws.... the requiremnts mentioned from the spouse is 1) source of income, should be sufficient to keep a family with . 2)Accomodation space 3) a valid residence permit. 4) spouse registration with the ABH of resdent city in germany. there is nothing mentioned like probation anywhere////... i have gone through previous Q/A on this forum ... it says people got their visa aproval even during probation.... pls quide me accordingly //// as answered by Moiin ... yes i have all required documents in hand at the moment.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/31/11 7:34 PM as a reply to Tessy Sebastian.
his probation period is for 3 months only ....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/31/11 9:46 PM as a reply to Tessy Sebastian.
Also please one last question. the visa fee is 60 euros as mentioned on consulate website... please let me knoe when to submit this fees? along with the documents i have to submit for the first time wid visa form? or they'll ask me later? if later after how many weeks they gona ask me to submit? is there any other charges or they just charge 60 euros ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/1/11 2:06 PM as a reply to Tessy Sebastian.
visa fee: usually asked at the time of visa application as demand draft. check the german consulate website of your city.

Probationary period:
You don't find anything abt this in visa requirements. However your husband may be asked to provide a letter from his employer stating that he is not in probationary period(that he passed the probationary period). If they don't ask,well and good. but be informed.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/11 3:35 PM as a reply to Tessy Sebastian.
THanks for the detailed answer frnd...my husband's probation period is for 3 months and it will be completed on dec 25th this year ...as mentioned above the visa processing time is 8 to 12 weeks i.e: 3 months itself ... by the time i get my visa stamped he'll be through his probation . Also i just called my local consulate here and i told them abt the situation. they said no matter how long he has been working in germany . we just need to check the suficient n stable monthly income he'll be getting in order to support family n for dis we need to get his job letter OR his bank details OR salary slip anything he could provide us as a proof. regarding visa fee it has to be submit after 3 weeks of application submission ... as ABH needs 3 weeks max tod ecide whether to proceed further wid the application or not. if they get a go ahead from ABH after submission of documents they'll gona call me to come n submit my passport alongwith the visa fee.
THanks alot guyz for the help.... i'll contact further if anything needed emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/11 3:50 PM as a reply to Tessy Sebastian.
Good luck!

could you tell me which german consulate in india have you contacted?

normally visa fees has to be paid at the time of application irrespective of the outcome (visa approval or reject). It is strange that they ask you to pay visa fee after few weeks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/11 6:11 PM as a reply to Tessy Sebastian.
i went to german consulate in Karachi, Pakistan... may be as rules differ from country to country thats why .... they asked me to submit the documents after that they'll interview me n will send my papers to Germany after 3 weeks they'll get the answer and then they'll proceed further with the verification here at that time i have to submit the amount of visa fee.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott