Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Birth rights for GC child born in Germany

Toggle
Hi all,
If a child is born to GC parents in Germany, will the baby immediately get German passport or Nationality ??? if not immediately when will the baby get it.
I heard there a new LAW since August 2004 which allows the Baby to get the German passport or Nationality immediately if applied and after 18 years he/she can decide if to accept it.
Can all of you in the forum put some light or provide more info in this regard.

Cheers
AR
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Birth rights for GC child born in Germany
Answer
2/21/05 12:29 PM as a reply to Abdul Rahman Mohammed.
Hi AR

I don´t mean to be rude with you, but FORGET IT!

Technically, a kid is German only when the parents (or at least one of them) is german, wherever he/she borned. If you and/or the mama of the kid is not german, the kid is not german even if he/she borned here.

Me and some other GC (SudSud, NoBody etc) have kind borned here and in all the cases they took the nationality of their parents. In my case, my son had no nationality for about 6 months untill all the papers from my country were ready and he "opted" for my nationality.

Of course, if he/she is not german he/she cannot have a german passport.

Surely the kid have the right of a German nationality after 8 (or 7 I´m not sure) of living here and can have both nationalities till he/she is 18 where he/she has to choose *self ONLY one of the two.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/05 12:31 PM as a reply to Abdul Rahman Mohammed.
It is not true. Child can get german pass if parents have unlimited visa (NE). It is not neccessary to have german citizenship. Difference with new law is only that child can have 2 citizenship (not nationality) untill 18 and than decide.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/05 2:46 PM as a reply to Abdul Rahman Mohammed.
@All,

Something to add per experience.

Yes, a child gets German Natl. if either one of the Parent is German

Or

One of the Parent has NE since 3 years or more at the time of birth of child.

So, if one gets NE after 5 years and you can say that after 8 years of stay, the children born here have the right to get Germn Natl.

But, the other way around could be that if you get German Natl. after 7/8 year :-), then you can go for Einbürgerung mit Kind(er).

This is just based upon info from Rathaus.

I wonder, why they scream about other "Nations" and everybody is in a try to plant "Red-Roses" of Demo-krate, which is carrying nothing, but blood of innocent lives.(this time no joke!)

GC
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18