Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

GEZ for computer!

Toggle
GEZ for computer!
Answer
8/16/06 10:44 PM
Hey, I heard that from January 2007 we have to pay GEZ fee for computer too.

Let's calculate how much I have to pay:
1 TV (17 euro) + 1 radio (5.5 euro) + 1 desktop (17 euro) + 1 notebook (17 euro)+ 1 handy (17 euro) + 1 handy for my wife (17 euro) in total 56.5 euro per month. In 1 year = 840 euro.

maybe we should go back to the caveman live, without everything, ha ha ha.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GEZ for computer!
Answer
8/17/06 1:54 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
If you're already paying the GEZ fees for your TV, you don't need to add something on top of that.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/06 2:48 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
@NoBody

You pay GEZ fees for each device that can receive radio/TV signals. If you possess 2 TVs then you pay for each TV.

With present rule you only pay for computers with installed TV-Radio cards and from 1st Jan 2007 you also pay for computers which can go online.

http://www.gez.de/door/gebuehren/gebuehrenpflicht/index.html
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/06 3:17 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
@Akshay
"If you possess 2 TVs then you pay for each TV."

Not correct. Nobody is right here. If you already pay for a TV and radio, the new regulation (which treats PCs as TV) will not cause you extra monthly payment.

Ich bezahle bereits Rundfunkgebühren für ein Radio und ein Fernsehgerät. Muss mein Ehepartner ebenfalls Rundfunkgebühren zahlen?
Für den gemeinsamen ehelichen Haushalt ist die Anmeldung von einem Radio und einem Fernsehgerät ausreichend. Weitere Rundfunkgeräte, die von Ihnen in der Wohnung oder in ausschließlich privat genutzten Kraftfahrzeugen bereitgehalten werden, sind gebührenfrei.

http://www.gez.de/door/gebuehren/gebuehrenpflicht/index.html#2

This is also true if you have two TVs in your flat. In such a case, you have to pay also for only one TV.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/06 5:51 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
Hi all

Just a couple of comments.

The storm started a couple of months ago when it was confirmed that starting 2007 all the computers conencted (or with possibility of conect to) internet will pay the same fee than the TV sets (17.05 Euro/month I guess).

For the general of the cases, the brother Nob and the friend Lacrima are right. If you pay for a TV you don't need to pay for the second one and also you won't need to pay for your computer or handy.

The problem (and the actual storm) started because if you read the norm carefully, all the companies will need to start paying GEZ because each company have computers that can be connected to internet.

Now I don't know the actual status but none of the companies are really happy and (I can understand that!) and started to press against GEZ. In addition, the roumors says that the main satellite channels will encrypt the signals and if you had a free satellite tuner you'll need to pay for them.

By the way, last week we receive at home the "friendly" visit of a GEZ inspector. Thanks God we always payed (I never was very convinced of that but I did it) and we had no problems.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/06 10:31 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
I amn't sure about statement 'if one has paid 1 TV, then one doesn't need to pay for computer or handy'

I read in newspaper -> example about a person that has computer, umts handy, etc -> he added all the stuff that he has and he claimed that he has to pay 50 euro samething.

If the statement is true, mean every company has to pay 17 euro only for all computer, right?

where the concern come from?

in my opinion, this rule is ridiculous! and I amn't going to pay for something that I don't use.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/06 10:55 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
Is it true that if u dont show the authorities the things u have then u can avoid? just u cant avoid for Radio..and its depends on us that if we want them to check our hause or not if they want to confirm things r really existing?I mean u can stop them at ur doorstep?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/18/06 12:28 AM as a reply to vijay raud.
Ok u can just escape for few month but not forever:-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/18/06 1:02 AM as a reply to vijay raud.
well, I dump my TV in keller and I can survive with DVD and internet :-D
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/26/06 6:28 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
hey, I read through the GEZ website, seems that:

- radio cost 5 euro, TV cost 17 euro, but if you have radio + TV cost the same 17 euro -> is this correct?

- the second TV or radio cost nothing if it is in the same house / apartment.

- does computer and UMTS handy count as the same device as TV, or one have to pay separately due to different device clasification.
can anybody help?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/27/06 3:22 AM as a reply to vijay raud.
I amn't sure about statement 'if one has paid 1 TV, then one doesn't need to pay for computer or handy'

i am sure there is a difference between private persons and commercial organisations. if you are a freelancer ... ;)

and i wouldn't be so sure about laptops and especially UMTS-handys in case of private persons as well. guess if they take those with them to their work places, they will have to pay for them additionally ;)

Now I don't know the actual status but none of the companies are really happy and (I can understand that!) and started to press against GEZ.

well i would think that companies - but not private persons - will win that fight. after all, what profit they can possibly get if their employees will use company's computers for TV sendings and not for work? the whole thing is ridiculous and may be understood as robbery
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott