Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

converter needed

Toggle
converter needed
Answer
7/14/05 4:15 PM
Hallo.
I am looking for a 3-pin to 2-pin conveter. I have a mixer from India: 230V, 3 pin plug. Note that it is not the US type of plug. It is Asian type of plug, which has rounded points. I am unable to use this appliance in Germany as I dont have the conveter to 2 pins for it. I searched for it in many places - MediaMarkt, OBI, even eBay. But havent come across one. Can anyone guide me?
Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: converter needed
Answer
7/14/05 4:51 PM as a reply to K S.
Hey, you can get this, the three pin converter is normally made, that it can take square as well as round points. I bot one here and i was using this for the mixer (sumeet brand) which i bot from india. Try with some thai/chinese shops. BTW, which part of germany do you live? Since i am going back home, i have spare one which u can take if u live nearby for kostenlos!!!

Regards, Sri
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/05 4:55 PM as a reply to K S.
You wont get this in any german supermarkts or other electronic shops. Locate the nearest Indian/Pakistan/Asian shop and ask them.

I bought one from Darmstadt, and maybe I can help you.

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/05 7:57 PM as a reply to K S.
Well I had the same problem once.

If cannot wait to use your mixer until I you find a real converter, I have a simple solution.

just cut and remove the three pin plug. Goto a electronic shop and buy a normal german 2 pin plug and connect all the three wires to the correct 3 inputs in 2 pin plug.

Ground pin(indian) = side contact(german)

correct me if i am wrong..

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/05 8:00 PM as a reply to K S.
Hello,
Well u dont need a special converter for this. You normally get a 2 pin plug (will cost not more than 1.5€) in BAUMARKT or BAUHAUS or the like. Just get one, chop of this 3 pin plug, insert the blue and red wires on the two ends which have the external 2 pin leads and the ground(green) in the centre.
This is how I did for my 'SUMEET' mixie and 'ELGEE' grinder from India and till date its working perfectly and we are enjoying our DOSA's, IDLY's, Chutneys etc etc.

Good luck with your new plug and enjoy the Indian cusine.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/05 8:39 PM as a reply to K S.
You can remove / unscrew the Earth pin. I am sure you will get round-pins to german pins (2-2)converter easily. I use my Indian Bajaj iron box in exactly the same way.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/05 10:24 PM as a reply to K S.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Asian, I live in Aachen. If u give me ur mail ID, I will contact u.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott