Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Leaving the country

Toggle
Leaving the country
Answer
4/15/11 6:37 PM
Dear Trust,
I am on Hartz IV and I am now leaving the country to work in the US. My question is
1. What are the formalities I have to complete at sozial amt, which is the amt that gives me the hartz iv. Do I have to visit them personally or merely a phone call is enough.

2. Is it really necessary to do the upmeldung. What happens if I dont do it. ( even though I tell the sozial amt that I am going).

Regards
GlanPlon
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Leaving the country
Answer
4/22/11 11:28 PM as a reply to ping pong.
it's always better to ubmeldung. Before they know it's better you notify them... visiting personally is always better to clear all questions. In abmeldung office they do very good job explaining everything very clearly and also very helpful and of course great service...

Welcome to USA (the hell!!!)... keep your local bank account for couple of months or if you want ur pension refund into it, you can leave it open or contact your bank folks what is best. They will have branches in USA, later you can move that account into USA account. Of course many options emoticon Do let kindergeld folks that you are moving out of country and any other geld (Muttergeld etc), let them know, so there will not be any confusion later in future. Be transparent to avoid future problems.

regards,
Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/11 11:32 PM as a reply to ping pong.
also get your driving experience letter from your insurance folks. It may be useful in USA and get your credit history letter (versisungnummer is the Social Security number in Germany)... contact http://www.schufa.de/de/home/ how you can get credit score in English(if they don't give in English, get it in German and translate it into English), it is useful to get loans in USA if you bring your Credit score. I know most of the people who live in Germany don't know what is Credit score(may be i am wrong, if people knows emoticon ). Hope you may get better answers from Detlief as well.

regards,
Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/23/11 10:43 PM as a reply to ping pong.
Thanks a Ton for the invaluable advice Srikanth,
BTW why do you call US Hell !!! I am worried now
GlanPlon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/28/11 9:03 PM as a reply to ping pong.
You will know once you come here! Here SSN is must, once you land in USA, you will have to wait until you get your SSN and then Drivers license(you may see problems with local Driving license departments, called DMV's). And next contract works through Contracting company... they may get about $80 to $100 per hour depends on your field.. and they offer only $60 K per annum... means about $30 per hour they will share with you... of course it's a business and they will ask for some contract... also the contracts from the clients will be for 3 month initially and 6 months etc... so if you want to go to that place and rent an apartment, you cannot get it for 3 months rent, you have to go with 7 months, 12 months etc with deposits as your Credit score may not start until you start using your credit card and repay... Getting credit card is another issue, no banks will give Credit cards... there is an option to get Secure credit card, means you have to deposit whatever credit you want... ex: $2000 you want as credit, so you have to deposit $2000 and what every you use from ur card you need to pay immediately... this $2000 will be with them for 1 yr after that only they will give you back... and many more things, until you get your Green Card and full time job with direct client.

Welcome to the troubles! emoticon

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3