Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Festgeld with ICICI

Toggle
Festgeld with ICICI
Answer
7/16/10 8:57 PM
I am already having a ICICI NRI account where the interest rate is only 3%,few days ago i saw ICICI also offers interest rate of 3.75% at www.icici.de.
This seems to be better option to get more interest on Euros than 3% on INR.
Does anyone got experience with this festgeld account with ICICI.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Festgeld with ICICI
Answer
7/19/10 12:34 PM as a reply to raj kumar.
I already have festgeld a/c with icici, its quite safe.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/19/10 2:48 PM as a reply to raj kumar.
Why not put the money on one's name in India. Of course the ones you could believe like father, mother, grandpa/ma/ brother.... or even a friend whom u trust?

in that case you get (in INR) like 8 to 10 % interest?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/19/10 4:41 PM as a reply to raj kumar.
Yes it is very much possible to invest in the name of father, mother, grandpa/ma/ brother.... or even a friend but when you want to get the money back to Germany into Euros then you need to pay tax and show source of income.Being an NRI one cannot do this legally and one should keep the money in NRI account which one can get back into Euro's any time.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/19/10 5:10 PM as a reply to raj kumar.
Yes... i agree... if you want to convert it back to EURO... i never thought of that ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/10 11:50 AM as a reply to raj kumar.
Check FCNR deposits with Indian Banks, with FCNR deposit you keep your money with them in your selected currency, (Euro, US $, AUS $) AUS $ offers highest interest rates (around 6.xx% per year)
and at the end of deposit period you could get online transfer back to your german account, or just extend deposit period!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/10 10:09 PM as a reply to raj kumar.
FCNR FDs give 6.xx only in AUD but not for Euros unfortunately, dont know why. I doubt if there is any possibility in current market and other situations getting more than 3.xx interest from Bank either Indian or local(Germany) on Euros. At least I dont find any. If there are any, please do share.

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/10 11:39 PM as a reply to raj kumar.
Thanks for all your replies,its unfortunate that one cannot get interest rates above even 3% on Euros with any of the banks.Investing in property and stuffs in India is good option for those who want to return to India but for those who want to settle here and purchase a house some day its not an option investing in India as getting the money back in Euros to the German account there is a big loss with tax and etc.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/23/10 10:18 PM as a reply to raj kumar.
What about transfering money from India to Germany?
Does anybody know? My parents lived here for more than 30 years. Saved some money there and also have a house/property in hyderabad. We want to sell that and bring the amount here, since we are now settled here. How about this money, is it possible to transfer it legally and in straight forward manner through banks? Does we have to pay tax for this amount in Germany? I think, since it is an income from outside Germany, selling our property, we dont have to pay tax, if we are able to show proof?

Does anybody has any idea ..?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/24/10 10:43 AM as a reply to raj kumar.
@hellothere

I am looking to buy a house/property in hyderabad if you are looking to sell it then please contact I will try to find out more details ..
Email:dvenu99@hotmail.com

Have a lot of fun ..
MATRIX
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/25/10 7:14 PM as a reply to raj kumar.
@hellothere,

Please also let me know some more details on the property at kalingaz@yahoo.com

@Matrix : Let us be in touch to get to know more on potential issues with property issues in hyd.Please feel free to contact me in case you are intrstd.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott