Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

study permit to work permit info request

Hi,

Im interested in coming to Germany to do a master degree in international business - marketing.

I will be attending a Fachhochschule instead of a University. Are graduates of these type of institutions also exempt from the "priority principle" when applying for regular work permits? or should the employer prove that there is no German/EU person qualified to do the same job?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my questions.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: study permit to work permit info request
Answer
8/14/09 7:23 PM as a reply to trilok gunnam.
For getting regular work permit, It does not matter you are graduated from University or Fachhochschule.

Everyone needs to go to Arbeitsmarkt-Check, which means they prove that there is no German/EU person qualified to do the same job.

There is no "priority principle" in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/14/09 7:30 PM as a reply to trilok gunnam.
After getting your degree you are getting a year to stay in Germany and look for a job. If you find a job in the area of your studies you are exempt from proof that there's no German equally qualified and can start working right away, but that's only after getting your degree/diploma.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/14/09 8:15 PM as a reply to trilok gunnam.
hey, thanks a lot for both your replies. didnt expect to get one so soon.

the reason i asked about "priority principle" was because it was mentioned on a webpage of "germany.info" i too have never heard of that before in any other context.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott