Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

JOB CHANGE ON WORK PERMIT

Toggle
JOB CHANGE ON WORK PERMIT
Answer
1/23/08 1:56 PM
Hello all
I am working in germany since may 2007, for german branch of a Indian firm.I have a work permit linked to the current employer.

I resigned from my job last week, but I was told that it would not be accepted,which means I will not get the relieving or exit letter

I want to know whether it is possible to change my job within germany if i dont have a relieing letter from my current employer, and also what are requirements for changing my aufenthalserlaubnis from current employer to new employer.
Thanks
Pegasus
0 (0 Votes)

Re: JOB CHANGE ON WORK PERMIT
Answer
1/27/08 12:40 AM as a reply to amol jadhav.
“change my job within germany if i dont have a relieing letter from my current employer”

Yes if you have another job offer.

“requirements for changing my aufenthalserlaubnis from current employer to new employer”

secure Job offer and visit to Auslanderbehorde in your city for further paper works
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/28/08 1:12 PM as a reply to amol jadhav.
Hi milton
thanks for the reply

However i need to know one more thing
will the auslanderbehorde cancel my aufenthalserlaubnis and me to apply for a new one?what happens to my residence permit in such a case and whether i will be allowed to stay in germany pending my application

thanks
pegasus
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/28/08 2:03 PM as a reply to amol jadhav.
I am not an expert on this but one of my friend who worked for a german branch of India firm had similar situation.On his visa the company name was mentioned and its specified that he can only work for that company.Which means the work permit is valid as long as he works for that firm otherwise he has to return and will not be allowed to stay in Germany while the pending application process.

Later he got a job offer from a German company who were ready to process his visa for which first he had to go back to India and serve the notice period before getting the relieving letter and in the meantime the German firm process his new visa.

He was lucky to get another offer from US but still he had to serve the notice period in India.
If you really find a fest job here then only plan to quit otherwise most companies here takes one on probation and its a 50-50 chance.

Thanks
Sandeep
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/5/08 1:17 PM as a reply to amol jadhav.
thanks sandeepkumar
i want to know one more thing
how does an employer prove, that there is no german or Eu citizen available for the post.is it easier in case of IT jobs.
thanks in adavnce for the reply
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/5/08 2:28 PM as a reply to amol jadhav.
The employer only needs need to submit the document like they gave the advertisement for this post with job portals and employment magazines and could not find any candidate.Then the arbeitsamt will check the requirement and if they also be sure that no such candidates registered with them with similar skills then the employer can go ahead with processing the work permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/08 1:40 PM as a reply to amol jadhav.
hello guys
I have been working here since the last five months, and I have a WP stating

Beschäftigung gem. §27 Abs. 2 BeschV als (designation) bei (firm name) ,sowie projektarbeit bei (firm name) deutschlandweit Vom (date) bis (date) erlaubt. Sonstige Erwerbstätigkeit nur mit genehmigung der Ausländerbehörde gestattet.

my Aufenthalstitel is tied to this WP.
Can anybody tell me how to change my current job within germany. I have found jobs with similar profile ,but I am afraid to apply since I will be left in lurch if I resign my current job and if my my new firm is not able to process my WP.
Will it be easy for them to prove the labour market test?
thanks for your replies
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/29/08 6:21 PM as a reply to amol jadhav.
hello all
any replies are welcome
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/29/08 6:51 PM as a reply to amol jadhav.
@robin

Will it be easy for them to prove the labour market test?

Its difficult. How much work experience do u have?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/1/08 7:29 PM as a reply to amol jadhav.
I have had a similar experiences. I am happy to share that with you. I landed in Germany in 2003 and after having worked for an Indian IT company in Frankfurt for about an year, I received an offer from local company. Some one advised me to go back to India and resign. I ended up in a big mess as I had lost my Work permit/Resident permit after resigning. However the new employer was very kind and they sponsered my work permit. I had to stay nearly for 4 months without job in India until my new work permit got processed. Later on, I was told that I should have changed the status of my work permit just by contacting the local Auslanderamt in Germany and following the necessary documentation suggested by them.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/1/08 7:49 PM as a reply to amol jadhav.
For everyone in such a situation before resigning consider the following.

First find a new job and make sure your employer is ready to sponsor you. Not all employers will be willing to sponsor because of the time and complexities involved with it.

If your employer agrees to sponsor, then you need to contact the local visa office to apply for a new workpermit. You need to provide your new job contract, and another form (provided by visa office) which is filled up by your employer.

Visa office forwards this to the Arbeitsamt (employment office located in the city of employer) and they check whether any qualified German citizen or EU citizen is available for that job. If they dont find they will recommend the visa office to issue Resident permit and workpermit to you.

Nobody knows how the Arbeitsamt does this Arbeitsmarkt check. In case of IT Jobs, I will roughly say there is only less than 10% of rejection (just my personal opinion).

The whole process takes 4 weeks to 12 weeks. This is a very stressful time as in almost all cases, you dont get any update on your application status.

The visa will be tied to your employer only. It can be untied only after 2 years of working in germany or 3 years of stay in germany with some more terms and conditions.

Hope it helps you all.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/08 2:13 PM as a reply to amol jadhav.
thanks all for the replies
I have to work experience of 4+ years(3.7 in india)
And i am here thru a body shopper who has got a signed paper from me(just on company letterhead) saying that resignation from germany wont be accepted.
any experience with that and might that cause some prblms
thanks for replies
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3