Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

cost of living/accomodation in Frankfurt/Eschborn

Toggle
Hi,

further like to get some valuable advice on cost of living in Frankfurt/Eschborn area.

We are family of three(with one 4yr old kid). Please advice on average rentals for 2/3 room flat(approx 70-90 sqm) funrnished/unfurnished.
How about kindergarten monthly fee etc.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: cost of living/accomodation in Frankfurt/Eschborn
Answer
11/3/08 9:15 PM as a reply to europe2008 europe2008.
Dear all,

anyone from Frankfurt area, please help and provide some information.

Thanks again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/4/08 1:13 AM as a reply to europe2008 europe2008.
For Kindergarten use the following link

http://www.frankfurt.de/sixcms/detail.php?id=3507&_ffmpar[_id_eltern]=2765

Contact them directly for your questions

For houses near eschborn search here
http://www.immobilienscout24.de/findNew.national.searchType/searchTypeDialog.go;jsessionid=553459B3BC13371BF9CF2D5E284F3130.worker1?iac=0&style=is24&is24EC=IS24&areaControl=Eschborn&event%3AdoSelectIntervalSearch=Weiter&geoCodeControl=1276007015003&dummy=&_s_peprm=geo_mainregionAutocomplete

Cannot give a answer for your questions as it depends on lots of other criterias. It is upto you to decide what you are comfortable with
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/5/08 8:32 PM as a reply to europe2008 europe2008.
Hi Raj,

thank you very much.

it seems that it is diffecult to find furnished/semifurnished apartment for less than 1000 euro for family of three (2 bed room, 70sqm).

As i am not aware about Eschborn area, do you think if i can find something better for less if i live 15-20 km away from the city centre. I dont mind driving for about 20km one side.

Thanks again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/6/08 2:04 PM as a reply to europe2008 europe2008.
http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showforum=91

see if you kind find something according to your preference.

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showforum=89

for more information about life in and around frankfurt.

Where are you from and where is your work place. If you give some information about them, then i can suggest some areas to live
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/6/08 2:26 PM as a reply to europe2008 europe2008.
Dear Raj,

Thanks for your reply.

-"Where are you from and where is your work place."

I am from India,currently I am working in Ansbach. Its a small town in Bayern. So, the rents are cheap. Currently I live in 90sqm/2bed fully furnished flat for 800 euro per month with everything inclusive, except electricity.

At present i have job offer to relocate to Eschborn. I am offered 60k/yearly as my fixed salary. I am expecting to add 20% more on my expenses in Frankfurt/Eschborn as comapred to Ansbach. I guess the major difference would be rent.

Please suggest if the offer is OK to live average life(not much eating out etc), with a family of 3 inclusive 4 yr old kid.

Thanks again
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/6/08 2:47 PM as a reply to europe2008 europe2008.
>> I am expecting to add 20% more on my expenses in Frankfurt/Eschborn as comapred to Ansbach. I guess the major difference would be rent.

Well living in and around Frankfurt can be compared to living in a town around munich i guess.

>>Please suggest if the offer is OK to live average life(not much eating out etc), with a family of 3 inclusive 4 yr old kid.

With 60K i think you can lead not an average life but a comfortable life here ;-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/08 2:59 PM as a reply to europe2008 europe2008.
Your salary is good and Eshborn is a good place to Work.

The state Kindergarten monthly costs are around 60-75 Euros. (There are a couple of them very close to where I live). The private (English) ones will cost you close to 500 Euros amonth.

I would suggest that you plan to stay within Frankfurt border (will be convenient for your wife & son). You may look for any place in western border of Frankfurt (Praunheim) which is very close to Eshborn (about 4 kms - You can even bike it). In fact, the apartment where I am living is getting free in end of this month. If you plan to move quickly, you can look into that possibility. There is also another Indian family staying in the adjacent building with a 4-yr daughter.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/08 3:13 PM as a reply to europe2008 europe2008.
Feel free to mail me on mayankagar@gmail.com in case you need any additional information regarding the area.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott