Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Leaving to UK after NE, but keeping the Residence in DE

Toggle
Hi all,

May be this has been discussed in this forum, but i couldnt find it in the Search.

I have NE , I am planning to leave to UK on a job, but still keep the address registered (No abmeldung) here in germany.

I also pay taxes (Not so much) in Germany through my own Company for which i am the Director and alsoa share holder , ( I dont earn salary ) and at
the same time i am employed in UK full time.

Is there any risk for my NE ? What about Health Insurance, do i still need to pay that ?. I would anyways be paying a proportion of my salary in UK for NHS, afaik.

Please advice.

Chaani.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Leaving to UK after NE, but keeping the Residence in DE
Answer
5/13/06 8:35 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Well, as far as the law goes, it says that you will loose your residence permit if your lebensmittelpunkt moves to another country. The guideline on long term residents could help you, but apparently in the german implementation it will not cover the uk.

If they do find out that you do not live at the address anymore, they could fine you (i think maximum 500 euros according to the Meldegesetz), and may notify the ABH, who may or may not start an investigation on your whereabouts.

-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/06 11:30 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Thanks aalvarez for the information.

but, as i said , i would still be going back and forth from UK to Germany at least for the company Issues, i.e the Company im Germany headed under me
would still be paying taxes in Germany.

I am worried about the health Insurance and also
Tax Declaration and the status in Germany. Since there is dual income, ie in germany and also in UK.

Any more suggestions from our community people.

Chaani.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/15/06 1:00 AM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Well, the most important thing is actually to keep an address in germany with your name on it. On the tax front, there is a double taxation agreement with the UK, (which you can get in english and in german) that you have to be careful, as not all income is treated the same, specially if you don't get a salary. If you do it properly, you can get a steuerbescheinigung with no problem, the tax on your german income might be quite high, though, in the UK they are a bit more tight with the money and they will try to get you to have only one residency, specially when it comes to tax relief.

-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/06 6:27 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Hi guys,

I will be in the same boat now. I am supposed to get my NE next week. In the meantime, I have a job offer from London and they are processing my work permit. I am supposed to start work in July.

As for the address, I can register with my friend's apartment. However, what about the taxes? Do I have to show that I have some income in Germany? How does that work?

Cheers,
xen
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/06 7:32 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Hi Xen,

You make a Tax return attaching your UK payslips declaring your tax free earnings according to the Double Taxation agreement between the UK and Germany. Whatever income you have in Germany will be taxed at a higher rate unfortunately, but no taxes will be levied on your UK income.

-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/06 7:55 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
@aalvarez: Thanks for the info mate!

Cheers,
xen
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/06 10:44 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
@aalvarez & xenon123 :

Could you please provide your email address.

chaani.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/06 10:49 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
@chaani: You can write to me at deluded.soul@gmail.com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/21/06 2:59 AM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
add ( at gmx dot de ) to my id.

regards,
a
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7