Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

SONY VAIO PCG-215FR - I need technical help!

Toggle
I got SONY VAIO laptop and I have some problems.
I have instal SP2 (service pack 2)and change BIOS over auto update in sony.vaio.link online as recomendation from SONY for better preformances with SP2.
Since then (I do not know for sure if that was the problem) I can not start the computer just with first press on the power button.
I press it and I receive all lights 'on' power is on, the HDD-on,all periferials are - on, but the monitor is black and Windows do not start.
I turnn off and wait 2-3 seconds and start again and all is OK.
I wanted to try to recover old BIOS but there is no way couse from SONY they do not have such download.
I have ask the service, but couse it more then 2 years old, will cost me more then 200-300 € repairments and they could not tell for sure couse can cost more.
So any idea or help I apretiate a lot.

PS.
I got suggestion that my be BIOS battery no more in order, but from the SONY forum I got answer that, that is not possible according the symptoms wich I have describe and if BIOS baterry is bad the system will not show all light 'on'and black screen.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: SONY VAIO PCG-215FR - I need technical help!
Answer
9/16/05 2:42 PM as a reply to Johnny English.
Hi Max

Well. I think you have mixed some things or there is some kind of misunderstanding.

The answer you received from Sony forum is sh.. Usually you have two kind of batteries in a notebook: the big one you use to power the computer and a button sized one that uses CMOS to keep your configuration data (type of HD, memory u.s.w.) Its easy Max, if you don´t have battery in your motherboard, each time you turn off the computer you will have to enter Setup and re-read configuration data.

I think before thinking in strange problems comming from gamma rays from outer space, I suggest you strongly to use the one of the options of the Setup to "Load default values" of "Load safe configuration data" (I don´t remember well the names) to reset the values of the CMOS and later save them and reset.

Please try this and tell me the results. I have more options to you just in case.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott